I saw this:
And figured this is something that would be perfect to make - a customized
attachment to convert a regular mouse to a vertical mouse. Vertical mice
can run $70 - $100 (see reference here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826141004), and I
think this is something I could do a lot cheaper.
My thoughts to improve the above device:
1) I would take the desired (sacrificial) mouse and put a lump of clay on
it. Mold the clay around the mouse, then grip the clay so there is an
imprint of you.
2) digitize the clay piece (I figure this would be perfect to use a
Microsoft Kinect for - it doesn't need much detail, just a few curves)
3) Clean up the digitization
4) Print the new grip and modify to accommodate the switches (and maybe the
5) Rubberize the grip for comfort and add the switches.
I realize it might be easier for some to modify the grip to accommodate the
switches/wheel BEFORE it's printed, but I've built plastic models for years
and it seems easier when I think about it to do the mods with all the
hardware in hand.