...Just finished Splinter Cell

1 view

Dr.zEn[GDI]

Jan 1, 2003, 4:54:54 PM1/1/03
Damn good game. Not my favorite of all time, but definately motivated me to
keep playing...just like Halo. The GFX were stunning, and yes, the lighting
engine was nothing short of breathtaking (I didn't know why ppl kept talking
about the lighting until I saw it).

I'm not a big fan of 3rd persons, and I'm not crazy about the sneaking thing
as much (didn't like Hitman for that reason, I enjoy blasting a bit more I
guess), but this one held my attention for the full ride.

Clancey has a pretty weird understanding of NSA, but ya sorda let that
slide.

Overall, I'd say 9.7/10. Indeed, better than Halo.

Dr.z3n

p.s. I only noticed gfx tearing in one part, I walked through a sold wall
and right off the level today at Nicholatze's palace, if anyone wants
specifics, let me know.

John Hillery

Jan 1, 2003, 5:06:01 PM1/1/03
I just started but already am getting frustrated.

I HATE games that don't allow ME to same, save points suck!

I own and play Ghost Recon IT allows us to save anytime.

I love the graphics in SC, as you stated WOW!

and the fact things drapes acually "wrap" around you instead of act like air
and you walk thru
or solid as a brick wall.

I am the type of person who hates repeating level over and over again.

I also wish it was more like GR and allowed ME to pick the weapons and items
to take on a mission.

"Dr.zEn[GDI]" <Dr....@phr0z3n.com> wrote in message

Splinterboy

Jan 1, 2003, 10:40:19 PM1/1/03
I have almost beaten Splinter Cell and I love it. It is
great and I dont think there are any flaws in it.
however, i would not recommend it to anyone who doesn't
like stleath and non shootem up games. there are lots of
times when you dont want to shoot.
>.

SINNER

Jan 1, 2003, 10:59:38 PM1/1/03
John Hillery Read from the Sacred Scripts, and through the mist could be
seen:

> I just started but already am getting frustrated.
>
> I HATE games that don't allow ME to same, save points suck!

save points rule, they make you work for the game instead of letting you
take 10 steps then save.

> I own and play Ghost Recon IT allows us to save anytime.

And? Not all games do, thems is the breaks.

[snip]

> I am the type of person who hates repeating level over and over again.

You must be a really good gamer or extremely frustrated with every game
you play, unless you only play save anywhere games, which tend to kill the
experience IMO.

> I also wish it was more like GR and allowed ME to pick the weapons and items
> to take on a mission.

the game is true to form regarding special ops, NEVER trust another weapon
but your own.
--
David
http://www.mameworld.net/ MameWorld, The largest MAME resource on the net

SINNER

Jan 1, 2003, 11:16:05 PM1/1/03
Dr.zEn[GDI] Read from the Sacred Scripts, and through the mist could be
seen:

> p.s. I only noticed gfx tearing in one part, I walked through a sold wall

> and right off the level today at Nicholatze's palace, if anyone wants
> specifics, let me know.

I do, I do :)

havent got that far yet.

regarding your comment about the NSA...It dosent surprise me that, you
being a military man yourself, would say that, gotta kind of expect it,
but you peaked my curiousity, Care to share....what you can :)

Dr.zEn[GDI]

Jan 2, 2003, 1:21:45 AM1/2/03

"SINNER" <99ne...@ibtta.gov> wrote in message

> John Hillery Read from the Sacred Scripts, and through the mist could be
> seen:
>
> > I just started but already am getting frustrated.
> >
> > I HATE games that don't allow ME to same, save points suck!
>
> save points rule, they make you work for the game instead of letting you
> take 10 steps then save.

I see both points. I liked the fact that save points help 'pace' the
action, but I do recall times during the game where it was a bit of a chore
to get past one level because I was repeating the same stupid steps over and
over.

Dr.z3n

Jay

Jan 2, 2003, 5:34:18 AM1/2/03
On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 04:16:05 +0000 SINNER wrote:

> Dr.zEn[GDI] Read from the Sacred Scripts, and through the mist could be
> seen:
>
>> p.s. I only noticed gfx tearing in one part, I walked through a sold wall
>> and right off the level today at Nicholatze's palace, if anyone wants
>> specifics, let me know.
>
> I do, I do :)
>
> havent got that far yet.

Found that spot some days ago, look below...

...spoiler space...

...spoiler space...

...spoiler space...

...spoiler space...

...spoiler space...

After going through the code locked door in the palace
garden, go all the way to the right until you come to
the right palace wing. At one point in the right wing
wall you can simply step through the wall.

Jay.
--
It's "Unix" if it has the "x" sound in it's name
- the Xbox must be Unix then.

Dr.zEn[GDI]

Jan 4, 2003, 12:01:29 PM1/4/03

> regarding your comment about the NSA...It dosent surprise me that, you
> being a military man yourself, would say that, gotta kind of expect it,
> but you peaked my curiousity, Care to share....what you can :)

Sorry this took a couple days...I wanted to use the right words.

This is all my opinon:

The intelligence apparati of this nation is comprised of talented, strong,
smart and highly motivated men and women. Their bosses are beuraucratic
dipshits that were nerdy hippy-activists in the 60's/70's and now pretty
much run the diplomatic day-to-day of this nation.

From agents being court-martialed for being accused of plotting and helping
a group inside Iraq to assasinate Saddam Hussein (GASP, no, what American
would want to kill Saddam???), to Jersey's very own Bob Torrecelli's memos
and directives, laying down asinine rules for securing inside sources (ie:
falefal vendor in front of a terrorist 'safehouse', you pay him $500/wk and
he tells you who comes and goes) such as: not being able to secure any
source without a *CLEAN BACKGROUND CHECK*. Bob Torrecelli assumes that you
can be a choir boy and still infiltrate a terrorst network's inner circle.

These are the same young men and women who live for years abroad,
sacrificing friends and family, doing a dangerous and not quite glamerous
job. Seriously, CIA isn't 'James Bond' stuff...more like making sure the
copier machine of a pro-Democracy Iranian student group gets fixed. And
speaking of the NorK's, it were these same talented individuals who provided
President Bush with the intelligence that: despite a pact made with North
Korea that we would send food and build 'clean' nuclear reactors, they built
a nuclear weapon anyway. This led to North Korea's inclusion in the 'axis
of evil' in a speech made this time last year. The same one that the
hippies at our State Department cryed about for months.(right up until they
were caught flat-footed that N.K. had a nuke)

step 1. intel has tabs on NorK nuke program, has a hand in regular sabotages
of said program.

step 2. state department asshats move in (with President Jimmy Carter) to
sign a deal w/ the NorK's that they know they'll never follow.

step 3. intel ppl have their hands tied by said hippies at state, UN is
supposed to be overseeing the NorK clean nuke program.

step4. a despotic, crumbling, desparate regime with a track record of
selling high end weponry to terrorists at cut-throat prices has a nuclear
weapon....and Jimmy Carter gets a Nobel Peace prize.

NSA are the computer and data guys, there isn't one NSA agent that needs a
gun for his duties, let alone have a hardass like the character of Sam
Fisher. The only guys at NSA w/ guns are the security guards....and of
course the aliens have their laser guns.

You would get clostest to finding a Sam Fisher like character in the USMC's
Force-Recon(the elbow punch is soooo USMC hoo-a), or one of the USAF's
super-secret anti-terrorist groups....or maaaaybe SEALs.

People would be suprised how much mercenary work is still shaping world
conflicts.

Dr.z3n