Converting Works 4.x to Works 8

Stevo

Dec 31, 2006, 5:29:00 PM12/31/06
Is there a way to convert Works 4.x files to Works 8 without losing
formatting? Works 8 can open the Works 4.x files but it does not read them
correctly. However, I have not had any problems converting spreadsheets.

Homer J Simpson

Jan 1, 2007, 1:39:27 AM1/1/07

"Stevo" <St...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

4.5 should convert to 8.x OK.

Stevo

Jan 1, 2007, 10:42:00 AM1/1/07
That's what I thought too, but I lose formatting like margins, spacing, and
fonts (original fonts are available). When I go back to work tomorrow, I
will see if there is a way around that.

I also do not know if my version is 4.5; I just know that it crashes on XP
and ran on 95-98se

Homer J Simpson

Jan 1, 2007, 1:23:18 PM1/1/07

> That's what I thought too, but I lose formatting like margins, spacing,
> and
> fonts (original fonts are available). When I go back to work tomorrow, I
> will see if there is a way around that.

If you search back messages there are some downloadable viewers for old
versions which may help.

Stevo

Jan 1, 2007, 1:30:00 PM1/1/07
OK...Thank you for your help.