RTF embedded objects

tomgold

Dec 20, 2004, 6:53:04 PM12/20/04
Hi there,

I am trying to extract an embedded object out of an MS-Word saved RTF
document.
I have followed the documentation, and got to the \objdata tag.
The documentation advises that the data is saved using the API call
'OleSaveToStream', that is using IPersistStream interface to be saved. To my
understanding, I will need to use revert call 'OleLoadFromStream' to
reproduce the embedded object (with the same interface).
The problem is that this call always fails for this interface (and for other
interfaces that I try) - error is REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG. This does not look
right to me... as its the same computer I'm using to have generated the
document.

Did someone run into this before? anyone who used 'OleLoadFromStream' before?
Or something else that I seem to be doing incorrect?

Thanks,
Shaz.

Word Heretic

Dec 22, 2004, 6:37:18 PM12/22/04
G'day "tomgold" <tom...@discussions.microsoft.com>,

No, I havent used it, I load the rtf into word and use Ole verbs on
the objects usually. However, it sounds as if that call is requiring
you to id the object type for it?

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

tomgold reckoned: