Setting Default to Not Allow Rows to Break Across Pages

Jay Freedman

Jan 10, 2002, 10:02:20 PM1/10/02
Hi, Cynthia,

This macro will set the default to not allow breaking *rows* across
pages when you use the Table/Insert Table menu choice:

Sub TableInsertTable()
If Dialogs(wdDialogTableInsertTable).Show = -1 Then
Selection.Tables(1).Rows.AllowBreakAcrossPages = False
End If
End Sub

It won't have any effect on the toolbar button where you select the
rows and columns from the dropdown. Maybe somebody else here knows how
to hook that one...

Bear in mind that this setting doesn't prevent the *table* from
breaking across pages *between rows*. For a discussion of that
problem, see
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/KeepTableOn1Page.htm and
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/ControlPgBrksInTables.htm.

--