Word Tables and Track Changes

Clare

Jun 22, 2005, 4:21:04 PM6/22/05
Hello,

I'm encountering unexpected results when using Word Tables and Track
Changes. I am using Word 2002 SP-2 on a Windows XP platform.

I have regular text containing Track Changes markup. I TURN OFF track
changes (but do not resolve the markup). I then select that text, copy it to
the clip board and paste it into a different location within the document,
the newly created text does retain the track changes markup (EXPECTED).

If I have a table containing Track Changes markup, TURN OFF track changes
(again, I do not resolve the markup). I select that table, copy it to the
clip board and paste it into a different location within the document, the
newly created table DOES NOT retain the track changes markup (NOT EXPECTED).

If I have regular text and a table containing Track Changes markup, TURN OFF
track changes, select both the text and table, copy it to the clip board and
paste it into a different location within the document, the newly created
text AND table DO retain the track changes markup (EXPECTED).

Why does the "Just Table" scenario not work as expected?

Clare

Shauna Kelly

Jun 25, 2005, 9:21:39 PM6/25/05
Hi Clare

I can reproduce this problem, but I have no idea what causes it, and I can't
think of a work-around.

I guess we'll all just have to remember to select a paragraph mark before or
after the table if we want to copy tracked changes in a table into a new
document.

In any case, I'll add your observations to the article at
How does Track Changes in Microsoft Word work?
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/trackchanges/HowTrackChangesWorks.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word