Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Will Windows print *list* of ALL fonts?

Visto 3 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

George

no leída,
5 mar 2005, 12:19:435/3/05
I'm using WinXP-pro. Is there a way (maybe in the Control Panel > fonts) to
print a LIST of ALL fonts, like this:

Academy:
ABCDEFG..abcdegh...1234567...!@#$%%
Arial:
ABCDEFG..abcdegh...1234567...!@#$%%
Arial Narrow:
ABCDEFG..abcdegh...1234567...!@#$%%
Arial Black:
ABCDEFG..abcdegh...1234567...!@#$%%
etc.

Note these are simple 1 (or 2 or 3) sentences, *not* full pages dedicated to
a single font, which is what you get if you double-click a font and press
print.

I'd rather not install third party software (like a freebee that might
introduce problems on PC, or worse, a virus), unless there's a high quality
mainstream product like from Microsoft or Adobe. And, I would think Windows
would have something as basic as "print a list of my fonts"

Thanks,
George

Character

no leída,
5 mar 2005, 12:47:205/3/05
George wrote:

> I'm using WinXP-pro. Is there a way (maybe in the Control Panel > fonts) to
> print a LIST of ALL fonts, like this:
>
> Academy:
> ABCDEFG..abcdegh...1234567...!@#$%%
> Arial:
> ABCDEFG..abcdegh...1234567...!@#$%%
> Arial Narrow:
> ABCDEFG..abcdegh...1234567...!@#$%%
> Arial Black:
> ABCDEFG..abcdegh...1234567...!@#$%%
> etc.

No, that's not built in.

> Note these are simple 1 (or 2 or 3) sentences, *not* full pages dedicated to
> a single font, which is what you get if you double-click a font and press
> print.
>
> I'd rather not install third party software (like a freebee that might
> introduce problems on PC, or worse, a virus), unless there's a high quality
> mainstream product like from Microsoft or Adobe.

You imply that products from Microsoft don't introduce problems or
provide a path for viruses. A major logical error. And what "third
party" would want to be known as a source for viruses?

Mainstream products come from thousands of companies.

Suggested products for this are
Typograf http://www.neuber.com
Printers Apprentice http://www.loseyourmind.com
There are also many others, all from reputable sources. Google for
"font managers"

Most will give you all kinds of options for printing font sample sheets
- whether installed fonts or in other locations. From 1 per page to 80
or more.

> And, I would think Windows
> would have something as basic as "print a list of my fonts"

A list is easy. That's not what you want. You want a listing that
includes the appearance of each font. You COULD just create a document
in your favorite word processor that includes a line in each font of
interest ...

- Character

Character

no leída,
5 mar 2005, 12:51:225/3/05
My apologies - I thought I was in a different newsgroup.

- Charactger

Thomas Ferguson

no leída,
5 mar 2005, 13:22:535/3/05
Bottom posted for consistency.

"Character" <Ch...@cters.italic> wrote in message

For listing all fonts, Character's suggestions are good ones. There are
many others. Some allow you to select the text for the sample, others do
not.

Creating a document might be a bit tedious if you want to display every
font installed. Also, the limitation of just being able to show
_installed_ fonts rather than all fonts on the hard drive(s) might be an
annoyance. The tedium can be relieved by writing a macro to do the job.
There are such available from a few sources.

For a macro sample, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;209205

The displayed text can be altered by changing the characters between the
double quotes in the lines starting
.TypeText

Others
http://www.klippert.com/TCC/Blog/2005/02/word-all-fonts-list-maker-here-is.html
http://www.word-answers.com/Pages/Tip0170.html

And, since we are on the topic of fonts and macros, this one will create
a list of every font used in a given document.
http://www.tribbs.co.uk/showtip.php?myID=29&start=6

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

Suzanne S. Barnhill

no leída,
5 mar 2005, 15:17:065/3/05
Don't know about Windows, but Word can. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FontSampleGenerator.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)