Freakin Page Borders

Greg

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
hi, for your info im runnin a p2 with win98, word 97 from microsoft home
essentials and a hp 670c printer

Ive been havin this problem for a while now, and its starting to rark me off
now.
Everytime i put a full page border in a word document the bottom line never
prints or is shown in the print preview, but when u set the format to
landscape its the right hand border that dissapears. The borders are shown
in full in the page layout view, but not in the print preview one. I have
also noticed that pictures placed near the bottom of the page seem to
dissappear before the bottom, like i have a whole lot of space i cant use or
something.

I know a bit about word from tech, and ive checked everything and tried
everything
eg
- all the margins etc at lots of different settings
- Ive tried differrent paper sizes, even ones not supported by my printer,
and still no luck

im not sure if this is a word problem, or the way my printer is setup,
however there isnt much to change in the printer setup that could affect
this, everything else seems to work, publisher, excell etc
only these borders in word. I know its pretty hard for this to be sorted
without me giving every detail, but if u have an idea i may not have tried,
please reply or email me at gou...@ihug.co.nz

thanks
Greg

Peter Boulding

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99

Despite what you tell us, if you're using an inkjet I'd lay long odds
that you've run into the non-printable area problem. MS set a maximum
"from edge" distance of 31 points, which just isn't enough: most
inkjets cannot print to within half an inch of the bottom of the page
(or right hand edge in landscape). However much you shift the
margins, this won't help unless you switch from the default "from
edge" setting to the "from text" setting (Format -> Borders and
shading -> Page border -> Options).

Note that the 'from text' setting really means either 'from page
margins' or, in the case of top and bottom borders, 'from header and
footer' if the 'Surround header' and 'Surround footer' boxes are
checked.

--
Regards
Peter Boulding

Bob Dietz

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
Note that the same 31 point limit still applies when 'from text' is selected.

hth
Bob Dietz

Peter Boulding

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
On Thu, 05 Aug 1999 08:31:55 -0500, Bob Dietz <bobd...@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>Note that the same 31 point limit still applies when 'from text' is selected.

...but it doesn't matter so much, because you're now measuring from
something you can move to the desired position. :)