resetting numbering not available

kdtrimble

Aug 29, 2001, 4:59:58 PM8/29/01
Greetings,
I've posted this before, but either I have an unusual
problem no one else has experienced, or there's something
very simple I don't know! :) AW, I would appreciate any
help that anyone can offer me in solving this problem. I
have read various emails and docs, but this problem is a
bit different than the ones I've read about.

We have templates written in Word 97 that include styles
that we created based off of Body Text. Several of these
styles are list numbered (not outline) with various
indentations and font style formatting. It worked fine in
W97, but now that we have upgraded to W2000, we are having
a strange problem.

The problem looks as below:

A. Item number one
1. thing here
2. thing there
B. Item number two
3. new thing, should be 1., but can't reset numbering
(greyed out and unselectable)
4. another new thing, but can reset numbering (now
available)

The same thing happens with each numbered style.

Any ideas on how to get the reset numbering selectable? Do
I need to write a macro in VB for this? Any suggestions
would be very much appreciated.
Kristi

Dave Rado

Aug 29, 2001, 6:18:57 PM8/29/01
Hi Kristi

Could you email me a smaple doc zipped up and I'll have a look.

Regards

Dave

"kdtrimble" <kristi....@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL> wrote in message

JP_DAVID

Aug 30, 2001, 5:48:45 AM8/30/01
Hello,
I've had that ... problem too months before and I haven't been able to solve
it.
That's why I'm really interested if someone can help you.
I solved that problem in fact by NOT using numbered lists and using SEQ
fields
{ SEQ Step \r 1 \* MERGEFORMAT } for the first element of a list
and { SEQ Step \n \* MERGEFORMAT } for the others.
And I created a style for that kind of paragraph with indentation and so.
If you create two AutoTextEntries and two buttons for them in a custom tool
bar, it works perfectly and without inconvenients.
Anyway, my numbered lists are now working perfectly well and I cross my
fingers it'll be like that for long.
PS : you can create too AutoCorrect Entries for 1. and n.

"kdtrimble" <kristi....@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL> a écrit dans le message news:
19b5101c130cd$901b6d30$9ae62ecf@tkmsftngxa02...

John McGhie

Sep 4, 2001, 7:47:11 AM9/4/01
Hi Kristi:

That's a standard FAQ problem: you'll find about ten answers to it in this
group :-)

What has happened is that your letter-sequence and your number sequence are
members of two different lists. You can't reset the numbering because
there's nothing above it to reset to!

Chances are in the switch-over, your lists have got themselves defined as
two simple lists. The reason you can't "reset on higher" is that simple
lists have only one level: there is no "higher".

In Word 97, the default was a simple list, in Word 2000 it's an outline
list.

To do what you want, remove the numbering entirely, and replace it as an
Outline List (Outline Lists have nine levels).

You need to define your styles into your numbered list, not your numbered
list into your styles. It is best if you do write a macro to do this. It
needs to be a fairly fierce macro...

But to begin with, I suggest that you do the following:

1) Select the text with the bad numbering (all of it)

2) Use Format>Bullets and Numbering to set the numbering to None. Now go
through all the numbered samples on the dialog and hit the RESET button on
each one. This sets them back to their factory defaults.

3) Use Format>Style>Modify>Format>Numbering to choose an Outline Numbered
numbering scheme. Ignore the appearance of the document at the moment:
we'll fix it later.

4) Hit the Customise button. This opens you up to a dialog from which you
can attach your styles to the numbering scheme. First you have to click
"MORE" on this dialog until the narrow column of Levels appears down the
left-hand side of the dialog.

5) for Level 1, choose a style

6) Change the Level to 2 and choose a DIFFERENT style

7) Change the Level to 3 and choose a different style

Work your way down until you have defined all your numbering styles as
levels of this numbered list (all the ones you use: I would be surprised if
you go down more than four or five levels).

Now OK your way out to the last dialog box. There you will find an Add to
Template box. Check it and OK.

8) Hold down your shift key and choose Save All from the File menu.

This saves both the document and the template. The style definitions are
saved in both places.

9) Now you will need to go through and tidy up the margins and indents on
your styles using Format>Style>Modify>Paragraph... For each style. Don't
forget to check Add to Template.

10) Save All again when you have finished.

11) Now you will note that every selected paragraph is numbered as though
it were a top-level item. Select the paragraphs that should be level 2's
and click the Demote button on the toolbar.

If you have done all of the above correctly, this will apply your level 2
style and change the number format for you.

Just to re-cap: You define the styles to be part of the Outline Numbered
list, rather than defining the numbering to be part of the styles. Then you
set the level of each paragraph in the outline list and it will
automatically receive the correct style and the correct numbering.

It's not an ideal way to work, but it's the way Word does work.

One more thing to check: Go to Tools>Templates and Add-Ins and make sure
that "Automatically update styles on open" is NOT checked. If it is, it
will blow away the numbering in the document each time you open it.

This may be enough. Your document should now hold its numbering correctly.

If it doesn't, come back here and we will show you how to do this in VBA so
it stays right. The VBA mechanism is a fair bit of work: try to avoid it if
you can.

Hope this helps

On 30/8/01 6:59 AM, in article 19b5101c130cd$901b6d30$9ae62ecf@tkmsftngxa02,
"kdtrimble" <kristi....@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL> wrote:

--
Please post replies to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP -- Word
Consultant Technical Writer
<jo...@mcghie-information.com.au>
+61 4 1209 1410; Sydney, Australia: GMT + 10 hrs

Kristi Trimble

Sep 5, 2001, 2:54:14 PM9/5/01
John,
Thanks for your assistance. I am testing out what you
suggested (among a few other things at work, so it's slow
in testing. :)) I have had a few buggy things happen, so I
am considering creating a clean template using your steps
and testing to see if I get the same types of problems.

I'm definitely open to working on the more in-depth
solution, as long as it's easy for my clients to use or to
update their templates. But for now, I'll try this and get
back with you as soon as I can.

Thanks again for your help!!
:)kdt

>.

Kristi Trimble

Sep 5, 2001, 3:03:03 PM9/5/01
Dave,
I sent the sample doc to your own address since I had seen
other requests not to send it to the newsgroup. I can
resend it here, if it helps. Meanwhile, I'm checking out
John's solution to see if it will work with a clean
template. I'll get back with both of you as soon as I have
finished testing the template and with our current docs.
Thanks for your help!
:)Kristi

>.

Dave Rado

Sep 5, 2001, 6:47:28 PM9/5/01
Hi Kristi - thanks for your email.

OK, this is a bug introduced in Word 2000; BUT I don't understand why you've
defined your styles in the way you have, with multiple simple lists and
manual restarts, instead of defining an outline numbering scheme? Arguably
it's not really a bug, it's more a case of Microsoft saying: "Hey, you're
not supposed to do it that way!"

Firstly for anyone interested, here's how to reproduce the problem:

1) Start word with winword /a, or rename Normal.dot.

2) In a new blank document, create a simple-numbered style, (call it
StyleABC), by selecting Format + Style + New, call it StyleABC, select
Format + Numbering, click on the "Numbered" tab, reset all the options, and
select the left-most option in the bottom row (A B C); click OK, OK, Apply.

3) Type some text, press Return and on the next paragraph apply the built-in
style List Number. Type some text and press Return a couple of times and
then apply the StyleABC style to the next para, and then some more List
Number paragraphs, so you get:

A. StyleABC
1. List Number
2. List Number
3. List Number
B. StyleABC
4. List Number
5. List Number
6. List Number

Now click on number 4 and select Format + Bullets and Numbering, and notice
that the "Restart" option is greyed out.

Note, however, that the "Restart" option is NOT greyed out. if the
intervening numbered style is an Outline Numbered style; only if it is
simple-numbered.

If you then open the document in Word 97, you CAN use the "Restart" option,
so this behaviour is new.

But - Kristi - why are you defining several simple lists for this, instead
of one outline list? Even in Word 97 this makes no sense to me, although as
you say, Word 97 lets you get away with it.

The way in which your styles should *always* have been defined, IMHO, is as
follows:

1) First redefine the styles that will make up your outline to have NO
numbering (Format + Style, + Modify + Format + Numbering + None) - the
styles in question in your case being "ATD Table A", "ATD Table 2", and "ATD
Table c". Then make sure the definitions of all aspects of these styles
*other than* their numbering are as you want them - i.e. the Paragraph
properties (but not including the hanging indent, which is a Numbering
property) and the Font properties.

2) Select Format + Style, select the top level style ("ATD Table A") and
click Modify + Format + Numbering. Click on the Outline tab.

3) Reset all the existing items on that tab by clicking on the Reset button
(except any items for which that button is greyed out).

4) Select the 3rd option in the bottom half of the dialog, then click
Customise + More. (BTW, which option isn't crucial, none of the standard
options are that close to the scheme you want; but the 3rd option in the
bottom row is he closest).

5) At the top left of the Customise dialog, the Level will be to 1. Where it
says "number style", change it to "A, B, C". Set the "number position",
"text position", and "follow number with" as
appropriate, and where it says "link level to style", select "ATD Table A".

6) Now WITHOUT CLOSING THE DIALOG (this is the most important bit; you MUST
define the entire outline in one go), select "level 2" at the top left of
the dialog. Where it says "number style", change it to "1,2,3". Set the
"number position", "text position", and "follow number with" as appropriate;
where it says "link level to style", select "ATD Table 2". Make sure
"Restart numbering after level 1" is checked.

7) Now WITHOUT CLOSING THE DIALOG, select "level 3" at the top left of the
dialog. Where it says "number style", change it to "a,b,c". Set the "number
position", "text position", and "follow number with" as appropriate; where
it says "link level to style", select "ATD Table c". Make sure "Restart
numbering after level 2" is checked.

8) Now WITHOUT CLOSING THE DIALOG, select "level 2" again; you will find
it's lost it's link to the style (this is a bug). Where it says "link level
to style", select "ATD Table 2" again. Select "level 1" again; and where it
says "link level to style", select "ATD Table A" again. Then check all three
list levels once more, and make sure they are now all securely linked to
their styles (they usually "take" second time round).

9) One final thing to make your numbering more stable: where it says
"Listnum field list name", type a name (E.g. "ADT Table List"). This greatly
reduces the changes of getting "spaghetti numbering".

Now and ONLY now, is it safe to close the dialog.

Your numbering will now restart automatically, without any need to use
manual restarts (that's the whole point of using outline lists).

If you subsequently want to fine-tune your definitions, ALWAYS click on a
list level 1 (in this example "ATD Table A") paragraph, even if you want to
fine tune a lower level only. And always redefine the STYLE. NEVER use the
Format + Bullets and Numbering menu. Then in the Customise dialog, you can
click on whatever level(s) you want to customise.

Hope that helps

Regards

Dave

Charlie Gagne

Sep 6, 2001, 6:05:36 AM9/6/01
I tried to implement your solution, but am missing something. At your step
3) Use format>Style>Modify>Format>Numbering... it wants to change the
"normal" style. obviously changing the normal style affects all other styles
in my document. Is there some other style I should be using to attempt to
implement this change?

Hey MS, it shouldn't have to be this complicated.
Charlie

"John McGhie" <oxb...@mcghie-information.com.au> wrote in message

Dave Rado

Sep 6, 2001, 6:48:05 AM9/6/01
Hi Charlie

See my reply to Kristi.

Regards

Dave

"Charlie Gagne" <cga...@eFinNet.com> wrote in message

Kristi Trimble

Sep 6, 2001, 10:03:15 AM9/6/01
Dave,
*Thanks so much* for your reply. After working through
John's post yesterday and reading yours this morning, I
didn't understand why outline numbering was used either. I
just inherited these templates and, lucky me, now I get to
fix them. :) However, the fix seems very simple. (Though I
admit I was kind of looking forward to getting up to my
elbows into some coding...)

AW, I plan next to get a template shaped up, and test it
with a few of the docs we already have based on the
templates to see if there are any fixes I will have to do
with each document. I'll let everyone know how it goes, or
if I run into anything interesting or worth sharing, I'll
post it back just for anyone's info.

Thanks again, Dave. I appreciate the time you took to help
me!
:)kdt

>.

John McGhie

Sep 6, 2001, 8:40:05 AM9/6/01
Hi Kristi:

Dave has instructions on the website for defining Styles as part of a
numbered list template. Having done that, the numbering will hold in the
document you created it in.

Study Dave's method first. It's simpler than mine.

My method uses VBA to define the list in the document if it's not already
there, or use it if it is.

You need to provide toolbar buttons to apply the numbering, which will
automatically apply the styles. This is very easy for the users.

The downside of my technique is that it is not possible for "clients" to
UPDATE their templates at ALL. If they try, they will destroy them. You
need to know VBA well to make changes to templates set up this way.

I will pop the code up here that I use. This is the latest version of the
code that I have in production. Usual caveats apply: This code will blow
up massively, tear your documents into tiny shreds, delete your hard disk,
and wipe out your network. Oh, and it may do bad things. Don't say you
were not warned :-)

Option Explicit
Dim ListName As String
Dim TargetList As ListTemplate
Dim i As Integer
Dim Response As Integer

Sub ApplyHeading1()
Selection.ParagraphFormat.Style = ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 1")
ListName = "OutlineHeadings"
Call FindAndApply(ListName)
End Sub
Sub ApplyHeading2()
Selection.ParagraphFormat.Style = ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 2")
ListName = "OutlineHeadings"
Call FindAndApply(ListName)
End Sub
Sub ApplyHeading3()
Selection.ParagraphFormat.Style = ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 3")
ListName = "OutlineHeadings"
Call FindAndApply(ListName)
End Sub
Sub ApplyHeading4()
Selection.ParagraphFormat.Style = ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 4")
ListName = "OutlineHeadings"
Call FindAndApply(ListName)
End Sub
Sub ApplyHeading5()
Selection.ParagraphFormat.Style = ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 5")
ListName = "OutlineHeadings"
Call FindAndApply(ListName)
End Sub
Sub ApplyASXBullets()
Selection.ParagraphFormat.Style = ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet")
ListName = "OutlineBullets"
Call FindAndApply(ListName)
End Sub
Sub ApplyASXNumbers()
Selection.ParagraphFormat.Style = ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number")
ListName = "OutlineNumbers"
Call FindAndApply(ListName)
End Sub

Sub FindAndApply(ListName)
' This routine finds and applies the list if it already exists, or
' calls the create routine it if it doesn't

' Macro written 11 Dec 2000 by John McGhie

Begin:
For i = 1 To ActiveDocument.ListTemplates.Count
If ActiveDocument.ListTemplates(i).Name = ListName Then
Set TargetList = ActiveDocument.ListTemplates(i)
Exit For
End If
Next i

If TargetList Is Nothing Then
Response = MsgBox("Initialise Document?", vbOKCancel)
ElseIf ListName = "OutlineNumbers" Then
Selection.Range.ListFormat.ApplyListTemplate TargetList,
ContinuePreviousList:=False, _
ApplyTo:=wdListApplyToWholeList,
DefaultListBehavior:=wdWord9ListBehavior
Else
Selection.Range.ListFormat.ApplyListTemplate TargetList,
ContinuePreviousList:=True, _
ApplyTo:=wdListApplyToWholeList,
DefaultListBehavior:=wdWord9ListBehavior
End If

If Response = 1 Then
Response = 0
Call SetUpListsandStyles.SetupMain
GoTo Begin
End If

End Sub

Option Explicit
Public Sub SetupMain()
'
' SetUpListsandStyles Macro
' Macro written 4/12/00 by John McGhie
'
' This Macro performs the following to fully define the List styles in a
document:
' 1) defines 27 styles, in the Heading, List Number and LIst Bullet series,
' 2) Specifies their formatting,
' 5) Sets up three List Templates
' 6) Assigns a name to that list template
' 3) attaches each style to a level in a List Template,
' 4) copies all styles to the Normal template.
'
' The problem is that unless list templates have names, and are
' explicitly attached to styles, they do not copy properly from
' document to document. This means documents inevitably corrupt
' when they are edited.
StatusBar = "Processing lists, please wait ..."
System.Cursor = wdCursorWait

' This macro can be very slow on a long document. The following
' speeds it up a lot by switching to Normal view, which suppresses the
pagination
' that would otherwise occur after every statement, and turns off
' screen updating which suppresses the screen refresh overhead.

Dim originalView As Long
originalView = ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.Type
If ActiveWindow.View.SplitSpecial = wdPaneNone Then
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Type = wdNormalView
Else
ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdNormalView
End If
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim i As Integer
Dim thisDocument As String
thisDocument = ActiveDocument.FullName

Dim normalDot As String
normalDot = NormalTemplate.FullName

' Define five List Template objects to contain our five lists
Dim HeadingList As ListTemplate
Dim NumberList As ListTemplate
Dim BulletList As ListTemplate
Dim TabBulletList As ListTemplate
Dim TabNumberList As ListTemplate

' When we enter this macro, we know we did not find the list
' template we were looking for, but we don't yet know if
' others do exist. This routine finds any that exist.

For i = 1 To ActiveDocument.ListTemplates.Count
Select Case ActiveDocument.ListTemplates(i).Name
Case Is = "OutlineHeadings"
Set HeadingList = ActiveDocument.ListTemplates(i)
Case Is = "OutlineNumbers"
Set NumberList = ActiveDocument.ListTemplates(i)
Case Is = "OutlineBullets"
Set BulletList = ActiveDocument.ListTemplates(i)
Case Is = "TableBullets"
Set TabBulletList = ActiveDocument.ListTemplates(i)
Case Is = "TableNumbers"
Set TabNumberList = ActiveDocument.ListTemplates(i)
End Select
Next i

' Now we create any we did not find.
If HeadingList Is Nothing Then
Set HeadingList = ActiveDocument.ListTemplates.Add _
(OutlineNumbered:=True, Name:="OutlineHeadings")
End If
If NumberList Is Nothing Then
Set NumberList = ActiveDocument.ListTemplates.Add _
(OutlineNumbered:=True, Name:="OutlineNumbers")
End If
If BulletList Is Nothing Then
Set BulletList = ActiveDocument.ListTemplates.Add _
(OutlineNumbered:=True, Name:="OutlineBullets")
End If
If TabBulletList Is Nothing Then
Set NumberList = ActiveDocument.ListTemplates.Add _
(OutlineNumbered:=False, Name:="TableBullets")
End If
If TabNumberList Is Nothing Then
Set TabNumberList = ActiveDocument.ListTemplates.Add _
(OutlineNumbered:=False, Name:="TableNumbers")
End If

' Now make sure all the styles we need actually exist. These eight are not
' built-ins and we'll blow up on an error if they're not there.

Dim aStyle As Style
Dim DontCreate(7) As Boolean

For Each aStyle In ActiveDocument.Styles
If aStyle.NameLocal = "List Bullet 6" Then DontCreate(0) = True
If aStyle.NameLocal = "List Bullet 7" Then DontCreate(1) = True
If aStyle.NameLocal = "List Bullet 8" Then DontCreate(2) = True
If aStyle.NameLocal = "List Bullet 9" Then DontCreate(3) = True
If aStyle.NameLocal = "List Number 6" Then DontCreate(4) = True
If aStyle.NameLocal = "List Number 7" Then DontCreate(5) = True
If aStyle.NameLocal = "List Number 8" Then DontCreate(6) = True
If aStyle.NameLocal = "List Number 9" Then DontCreate(7) = True
Next aStyle
With ActiveDocument.Styles
If Not DontCreate(0) Then .Add Name:="List Bullet 6",
Type:=wdStyleTypeParagraph
If Not DontCreate(1) Then .Add Name:="List Bullet 7",
Type:=wdStyleTypeParagraph
If Not DontCreate(2) Then .Add Name:="List Bullet 8",
Type:=wdStyleTypeParagraph
If Not DontCreate(3) Then .Add Name:="List Bullet 9",
Type:=wdStyleTypeParagraph
If Not DontCreate(4) Then .Add Name:="List Number 6",
Type:=wdStyleTypeParagraph
If Not DontCreate(5) Then .Add Name:="List Number 7",
Type:=wdStyleTypeParagraph
If Not DontCreate(6) Then .Add Name:="List Number 8",
Type:=wdStyleTypeParagraph
If Not DontCreate(7) Then .Add Name:="List Number 9",
Type:=wdStyleTypeParagraph
End With

' Set up the "Heading 1 to 9" series of styles
' and their associated list template.
' We set up all parameters for Heading 1, then allow
' the rest of the series to inherit non-essential
' parameters. Spelling language, tab positions and indents are
' essential to our cause, so we set them explicitly. They
' otherwise copy from document to document and cause problems.

StatusBar = "Processing Headings..."

' Set up all 9 Heading styles
' Macro written 7/12/00 by John McGhie

StatusBar = "Processing Heading Styles..."

With ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 1")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = ""
.NextParagraphStyle = "Body Text"
.LanguageID = wdEnglishAUS
.NoProofing = False
With .Font
.Name = "Zurich Cn BT"
.Size = 22
.Bold = True
.Italic = False
.Underline = wdUnderlineNone
.UnderlineColor = wdColorAutomatic
.StrikeThrough = False
.DoubleStrikeThrough = False
.Outline = False
.Emboss = False
.Shadow = False
.Hidden = False
.SmallCaps = False
.AllCaps = False
.Color = wdColorAutomatic
.Engrave = False
.Superscript = False
.Subscript = False
.Scaling = 100
.Kerning = 14
.Animation = wdAnimationNone
End With
With .ParagraphFormat
.LeftIndent = 56.7
.RightIndent = 0
.SpaceBefore = 0
.SpaceBeforeAuto = False
.SpaceAfter = 10
.SpaceAfterAuto = False
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
.WidowControl = False
.KeepWithNext = True
.KeepTogether = True
.PageBreakBefore = True
.NoLineNumber = False
.Hyphenation = False
.FirstLineIndent = -56.7
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevel1
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=56.7, Alignment:=wdAlignTabLeft,
Leader:=wdTabLeaderSpaces
End With
End With
End With

With ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 2")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "Heading 1"
.NextParagraphStyle = "Body Text"
.LanguageID = wdEnglishAUS
.NoProofing = False
With .Borders(wdBorderTop)
.LineStyle = wdLineStyleSingle
.LineWidth = wdLineWidth300pt
.Color = wdColorGray25
End With
With .Borders
.DistanceFromTop = 1
.DistanceFromLeft = 4
.DistanceFromBottom = 1
.DistanceFromRight = 4
.Shadow = False
End With
.Borders(wdBorderLeft).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
.Borders(wdBorderRight).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
.Borders(wdBorderBottom).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
With .Font
.Name = "Zurich Cn BT"
.Size = 16
.Bold = True
.Italic = False
.Underline = wdUnderlineNone
.UnderlineColor = wdColorAutomatic
.StrikeThrough = False
.DoubleStrikeThrough = False
.Outline = False
.Emboss = False
.Shadow = False
.Hidden = False
.SmallCaps = False
.AllCaps = False
.Color = wdColorAutomatic
.Engrave = False
.Superscript = False
.Subscript = False
.Scaling = 100
.Kerning = 14
.Animation = wdAnimationNone
End With
With .ParagraphFormat
.LeftIndent = 56.7
.RightIndent = 0
.SpaceBefore = 32
.SpaceBeforeAuto = False
.SpaceAfter = 10
.SpaceAfterAuto = False
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
.WidowControl = False
.KeepWithNext = True
.KeepTogether = True
.PageBreakBefore = False
.NoLineNumber = False
.Hyphenation = False
.FirstLineIndent = -56.7
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevel2
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=56.7, Alignment:=wdAlignTabLeft,
Leader:=wdTabLeaderSpaces
End With
End With
End With

With ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 3")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "Heading 2"
.NextParagraphStyle = "Body Text"
.LanguageID = wdEnglishAUS
.NoProofing = False
.Borders(wdBorderTop).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
.Borders(wdBorderLeft).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
.Borders(wdBorderRight).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
.Borders(wdBorderBottom).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
With .Font
.Name = "Zurich Cn BT"
.Size = 14
.Bold = True
.Italic = False
.Underline = wdUnderlineNone
.UnderlineColor = wdColorAutomatic
.StrikeThrough = False
.DoubleStrikeThrough = False
.Outline = False
.Emboss = False
.Shadow = False
.Hidden = False
.SmallCaps = False
.AllCaps = False
.Color = wdColorAutomatic
.Engrave = False
.Superscript = False
.Subscript = False
.Scaling = 100
.Kerning = 14
.Animation = wdAnimationNone
End With
With .ParagraphFormat
.LeftIndent = 56.7
.RightIndent = 0
.SpaceBefore = 28
.SpaceBeforeAuto = False
.SpaceAfter = 10
.SpaceAfterAuto = False
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
.WidowControl = False
.KeepWithNext = True
.KeepTogether = True
.PageBreakBefore = False
.NoLineNumber = False
.Hyphenation = False
.FirstLineIndent = -56.7
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevel3
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=56.7, Alignment:=wdAlignTabLeft,
Leader:=wdTabLeaderSpaces
End With
End With
End With

With ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 4")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "Heading 3"
.NextParagraphStyle = "Body Text"
.LanguageID = wdEnglishAUS
.NoProofing = False
.Borders(wdBorderTop).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
.Borders(wdBorderLeft).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
.Borders(wdBorderRight).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
.Borders(wdBorderBottom).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
With .Font
.Name = "Zurich Cn BT"
.Size = 12
.Bold = True
.Italic = False
.Underline = wdUnderlineNone
.UnderlineColor = wdColorAutomatic
.StrikeThrough = False
.DoubleStrikeThrough = False
.Outline = False
.Emboss = False
.Shadow = False
.Hidden = False
.SmallCaps = False
.AllCaps = False
.Color = wdColorAutomatic
.Engrave = False
.Superscript = False
.Subscript = False
.Scaling = 100
.Kerning = 14
.Animation = wdAnimationNone
End With
With .ParagraphFormat
.LeftIndent = 56.7
.RightIndent = 0
.SpaceBefore = 24
.SpaceBeforeAuto = False
.SpaceAfter = 10
.SpaceAfterAuto = False
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
.WidowControl = False
.KeepWithNext = True
.KeepTogether = True
.PageBreakBefore = False
.NoLineNumber = False
.Hyphenation = False
.FirstLineIndent = -56.7
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevel4
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=56.7, Alignment:=wdAlignTabLeft,
Leader:=wdTabLeaderSpaces
End With
End With
End With

With ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 5")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "Heading 4"
[...]
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevel5
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=56.7, Alignment:=wdAlignTabLeft,
Leader:=wdTabLeaderSpaces
End With
End With
End With

With ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 6")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "Heading 5"
[...]
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevel6
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=56.7, Alignment:=wdAlignTabLeft,
Leader:=wdTabLeaderSpaces
End With
End With
End With

With ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 7")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "Heading 6"
[...]
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevel7
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=56.7, Alignment:=wdAlignTabLeft,
Leader:=wdTabLeaderSpaces
End With
End With
End With

With ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 8")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "Heading 7"
[...]
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevel8
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=56.7, Alignment:=wdAlignTabLeft,
Leader:=wdTabLeaderSpaces
End With
End With
End With

With ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 9")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "Heading 7"
.NextParagraphStyle = "Body Text"
.LanguageID = wdEnglishAUS
.NoProofing = False
.ParagraphFormat.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevel9
End With

' Set up all nine levels of the Heading list template
With HeadingList.ListLevels(1)
.NumberFormat = "%1"
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleArabic
.NumberPosition = 0
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 56.7
.TabPosition = 56.7
.ResetOnHigher = 0
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "Heading 1"
End With
With HeadingList.ListLevels(2)
.NumberFormat = "%1.%2"
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleArabic
.NumberPosition = 0
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 56.7
.TabPosition = 56.7
.ResetOnHigher = 1
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "Heading 2"
End With
With HeadingList.ListLevels(3)
.NumberFormat = "%1.%2.%3"
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleArabic
.NumberPosition = 0
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 56.7
.TabPosition = 56.7
.ResetOnHigher = 2
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "Heading 3"
End With
With HeadingList.ListLevels(4)
.NumberFormat = ""
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingNone
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleNone
.NumberPosition = 56.7
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 56.7
.TabPosition = wdUndefined
.ResetOnHigher = 3
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "Heading 4"
End With
With HeadingList.ListLevels(5)
.NumberFormat = ""
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingNone
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleNone
.NumberPosition = 56.7
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 56.7
.TabPosition = wdUndefined
.ResetOnHigher = 4
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "Heading 5"
End With
With HeadingList.ListLevels(6)
.NumberFormat = "Appendix %6"
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleUppercaseLetter
.NumberPosition = 0
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 56.7
.TabPosition = 56.7
.ResetOnHigher = 5
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "Heading 6"
End With
With HeadingList.ListLevels(7)
.NumberFormat = "%6.%7"
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleArabic
.NumberPosition = 0
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 56.7
.TabPosition = wdUndefined
.ResetOnHigher = 6
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "Heading 7"
End With
With HeadingList.ListLevels(8)
.NumberFormat = "%6.%7.%8"
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleArabic
.NumberPosition = 0
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 56.7
.TabPosition = wdUndefined
.ResetOnHigher = 7
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "Heading 8"
End With
With HeadingList.ListLevels(9)
.NumberFormat = ""
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingNone
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleNone
.NumberPosition = 0
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 56.7
.TabPosition = wdUndefined
.ResetOnHigher = 8
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "Heading 9"
End With

' Set up the "List Number 1 to 9" series of styles
' and their associated list template.

' Set up the List Number styles

StatusBar = "Processing Number Styles..."

With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "Body Text"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Number"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number").ParagraphFormat
.LeftIndent = 70
.RightIndent = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=70
End With
.SpaceBefore = 0
.SpaceBeforeAuto = False
.SpaceAfter = 5
.SpaceAfterAuto = False
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
.WidowControl = False
.KeepWithNext = True
.KeepTogether = True
.PageBreakBefore = False
.NoLineNumber = False
.Hyphenation = True
.FirstLineIndent = -20
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevelBodyText
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 2")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Number"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Number 2"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 2").ParagraphFormat
.LeftIndent = 90
.RightIndent = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=90
End With
.SpaceBefore = 0
.SpaceBeforeAuto = False
.SpaceAfter = 5
.SpaceAfterAuto = False
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
.WidowControl = False
.KeepWithNext = True
.KeepTogether = True
.PageBreakBefore = False
.NoLineNumber = False
.Hyphenation = True
.FirstLineIndent = -20
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevelBodyText
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 3")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Number 2"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Number 3"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 3").ParagraphFormat
.LeftIndent = 110
.RightIndent = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=110
End With
.SpaceBefore = 0
.SpaceBeforeAuto = False
.SpaceAfter = 5
.SpaceAfterAuto = False
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
.WidowControl = False
.KeepWithNext = True
.KeepTogether = True
.PageBreakBefore = False
.NoLineNumber = False
.Hyphenation = True
.FirstLineIndent = -20
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevelBodyText
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 4")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Number 3"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Number 4"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 4").ParagraphFormat
.LeftIndent = 130
.RightIndent = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=130
End With
.SpaceBefore = 0
.SpaceBeforeAuto = False
.SpaceAfter = 5
.SpaceAfterAuto = False
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
.WidowControl = False
.KeepWithNext = True
.KeepTogether = True
.PageBreakBefore = False
.NoLineNumber = False
.Hyphenation = True
.FirstLineIndent = -20
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevelBodyText
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 5")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Number 4"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Number 5"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 5").ParagraphFormat
.LeftIndent = 150
.RightIndent = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=150
End With
.SpaceBefore = 0
.SpaceBeforeAuto = False
.SpaceAfter = 5
.SpaceAfterAuto = False
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
.WidowControl = False
.KeepWithNext = True
.KeepTogether = True
.PageBreakBefore = False
.NoLineNumber = False
.Hyphenation = True
.FirstLineIndent = -20
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevelBodyText
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 6")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Number 5"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Number 6"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 6").ParagraphFormat
.LeftIndent = 170
.RightIndent = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=170
End With
.SpaceBefore = 0
.SpaceBeforeAuto = False
.SpaceAfter = 5
.SpaceAfterAuto = False
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
.WidowControl = False
.KeepWithNext = True
.KeepTogether = True
.PageBreakBefore = False
.NoLineNumber = False
.Hyphenation = True
.FirstLineIndent = -20
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevelBodyText
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 7")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Number 6"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Number 7"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 7").ParagraphFormat
.LeftIndent = 210
.RightIndent = 0
.SpaceBefore = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=210
End With
.SpaceBeforeAuto = False
.SpaceAfter = 5
.SpaceAfterAuto = False
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
.WidowControl = False
.KeepWithNext = True
.KeepTogether = True
.PageBreakBefore = False
.NoLineNumber = False
.Hyphenation = True
.FirstLineIndent = -20
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevelBodyText
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 8")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Number 7"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Number 8"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 8").ParagraphFormat
.LeftIndent = 230
.RightIndent = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=230
End With
.SpaceBefore = 0
.SpaceBeforeAuto = False
.SpaceAfter = 5
.SpaceAfterAuto = False
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
.WidowControl = False
.KeepWithNext = True
.KeepTogether = True
.PageBreakBefore = False
.NoLineNumber = False
.Hyphenation = True
.FirstLineIndent = -20
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevelBodyText
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 9")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Number 8"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Number 9"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Number 9").ParagraphFormat
.LeftIndent = 250
.RightIndent = 0
With .TabStops
.ClearAll
.Add Position:=250
End With
.SpaceBefore = 0
.SpaceBeforeAuto = False
.SpaceAfter = 5
.SpaceAfterAuto = False
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
.WidowControl = False
.KeepWithNext = True
.KeepTogether = True
.PageBreakBefore = False
.NoLineNumber = False
.Hyphenation = True
.FirstLineIndent = -20
.OutlineLevel = wdOutlineLevelBodyText
.CharacterUnitLeftIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitRightIndent = 0
.CharacterUnitFirstLineIndent = 0
.LineUnitBefore = 0
.LineUnitAfter = 0
End With

' Set up all nine levels in the Number Styles list

StatusBar = "Processing Numbers..."

With NumberList.ListLevels(1)
.NumberFormat = "%1."
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleArabic
.NumberPosition = 70
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 90
.TabPosition = 90
.ResetOnHigher = 0
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "List Number"
End With
With NumberList.ListLevels(2)
.NumberFormat = "%2)"
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleLowercaseLetter
.NumberPosition = 90
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 110
.TabPosition = 110
.ResetOnHigher = 1
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "List Number 2"
End With
With NumberList.ListLevels(3)
.NumberFormat = "%3)"
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleLowercaseRoman
.NumberPosition = 110
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 130
.TabPosition = 130
.ResetOnHigher = 2
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "List Number 3"
End With
With NumberList.ListLevels(4)
.NumberFormat = "(%4)"
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleArabic
.NumberPosition = 130
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 150
.TabPosition = 150
.ResetOnHigher = 3
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "List Number 4"
End With
With NumberList.ListLevels(5)
.NumberFormat = "(%5)"
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleLowercaseLetter
.NumberPosition = 150
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 170
.TabPosition = 170
.ResetOnHigher = 4
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "List Number 5"
End With
With NumberList.ListLevels(6)
.NumberFormat = "(%6)"
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleLowercaseRoman
.NumberPosition = 170
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 190
.TabPosition = 190
.ResetOnHigher = 5
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "List Number 6"
End With
With NumberList.ListLevels(7)
.NumberFormat = "%7."
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleArabic
.NumberPosition = 190
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 210
.TabPosition = 210
.ResetOnHigher = 6
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "List Number 7"
End With
With NumberList.ListLevels(8)
.NumberFormat = "%8."
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleLowercaseLetter
.NumberPosition = 210
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 230
.TabPosition = 230
.ResetOnHigher = 7
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "List Number 8"
End With
With NumberList.ListLevels(9)
.NumberFormat = "%9."
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleLowercaseRoman
.NumberPosition = 230
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 250
.TabPosition = 250
.ResetOnHigher = 8
.StartAt = 1
.LinkedStyle = "List Number 9"
End With

' Set up the "List Bullet 1 to 9" series of styles
' and their associated list template.

StatusBar = "Processing Bullets ..."

' Set up all nine list bullet styles
'

StatusBar = "Processing Bullet Styles..."

With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "Body Text"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Bullet"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet").ParagraphFormat
[...]
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 2")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Bullet"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Bullet 2"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 2").ParagraphFormat
[...]
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 3")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Bullet 2"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Bullet 3"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 3").ParagraphFormat
[...]
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 4")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Bullet 3"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Bullet 4"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 4").ParagraphFormat
[...]
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 5")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Bullet 4"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Bullet 5"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 5").ParagraphFormat
[...]
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 6")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Bullet 5"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Bullet 6"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 6").ParagraphFormat
[...]
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 7")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Bullet 6"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Bullet 7"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 7").ParagraphFormat
[...]
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 8")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Bullet 7"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Bullet 8"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 8").ParagraphFormat
[...]
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 9")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = "List Bullet 8"
.NextParagraphStyle = "List Bullet 9"
End With
With ActiveDocument.Styles("List Bullet 9").ParagraphFormat
[...]

' Set up all the Bulleted List Templates
With BulletList.ListLevels(1)
.NumberFormat = ChrW(61623)
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleBullet
.NumberPosition = 70
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 90
.TabPosition = 90
.ResetOnHigher = 0
.StartAt = 1
.Font.Name = "Symbol"
.LinkedStyle = "List Bullet"
End With
With BulletList.ListLevels(2)
.NumberFormat = "€"
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleBullet
.NumberPosition = 90
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 110
.TabPosition = 110
.ResetOnHigher = 1
.StartAt = 1
.Font.Name = "ClassGarmnd BT"
.LinkedStyle = "List Bullet 2"
End With
With BulletList.ListLevels(3)
.NumberFormat = ChrW(61656)
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleBullet
.NumberPosition = 110
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 130
.TabPosition = 130
.ResetOnHigher = 2
.StartAt = 1
.Font.Name = "Wingdings"
.LinkedStyle = "List Bullet 3"
End With
With BulletList.ListLevels(4)
.NumberFormat = ChrW(61692)
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleBullet
.NumberPosition = 130
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 150
.TabPosition = 150
.ResetOnHigher = 3
.StartAt = 1
.Font.Name = "Wingdings"
.LinkedStyle = "List Bullet 4"
End With
With BulletList.ListLevels(5)
.NumberFormat = ChrW(61608)
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleBullet
.NumberPosition = 150
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 170
.TabPosition = 170
.ResetOnHigher = 4
.StartAt = 1
.Font.Name = "Symbol"
.LinkedStyle = "List Bullet 5"
End With
With BulletList.ListLevels(6)
.NumberFormat = ChrW(61656)
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleBullet
.NumberPosition = 170
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 190
.TabPosition = 190
.ResetOnHigher = 5
.StartAt = 1
.Font.Name = "Wingdings"
.LinkedStyle = "List Bullet 6"
End With
With BulletList.ListLevels(7)
.NumberFormat = ChrW(61607)
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleBullet
.NumberPosition = 190
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 210
.TabPosition = 210
.ResetOnHigher = 6
.StartAt = 1
.Font.Name = "Wingdings"
.LinkedStyle = "List Bullet 7"
End With
With BulletList.ListLevels(8)
.NumberFormat = ChrW(61623)
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleBullet
.NumberPosition = 210
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 230
.TabPosition = 230
.ResetOnHigher = 7
.StartAt = 1
.Font.Name = "Symbol"
.LinkedStyle = "List Bullet 8"
End With
With BulletList.ListLevels(9)
.NumberFormat = ChrW(61608)
.TrailingCharacter = wdTrailingTab
.NumberStyle = wdListNumberStyleBullet
.NumberPosition = 230
.Alignment = wdListLevelAlignLeft
.TextPosition = 250
.TabPosition = 250
.ResetOnHigher = 8
.StartAt = 1
.Font.Name = "Symbol"
.LinkedStyle = "List Bullet 9"
End With

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
StatusBar = "Finished..."
ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.Type = originalView
System.Cursor = wdCursorNormal

End Sub

Steve Hudson

Oct 11, 2001, 4:37:59 AM10/11/01
When a list line won't restart:

1. Cursor to the start of the line
2. Press Enter.
3. Restart your line - it will work now
4. Delete the blank, badly numbered para.

Steve Hudson