Date auto complete in Word 2007

pwrmngr

Apr 2, 2009, 11:13:47 PM4/2/09
Hi there, I am using Office 2007 and I am unable for the life of me get
word to Auto Complete the date.

Any suggestions?

You used to be able to start typing April and it would offer to fill in
then space would offer to fill int he current date.

Thanx

terryf...@msn.com

Apr 3, 2009, 3:11:38 AM4/3/09
It doesn't any more. This feature was so screwed up (especially in non-US
date formats - the rest of the World) that it has gone.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"pwrmngr" <m...@u.ca> wrote in message

Elizabeth

Apr 3, 2009, 7:26:22 AM4/3/09
In message <20029F57-9F4D-43B8...@microsoft.com>,
terryf...@msn.com writes

>It doesn't any more. This feature was so screwed up (especially in
>non-US date formats - the rest of the World) that it has gone.

That's odd. I'm in the UK, using Word 2007. When I start typing the date
I get as far as "3 Ap" and I get offered the auto-complete of "3 April
2009".

If I use the US date format of "April 3, 2009" only when I've typed the
"9" do I get offered the auto-complete which adds on the "-04-03"
nonsense that annoyed so many people.

So it looks as though that feature is still available, but maybe only in
the version I've got, which I think is the basic Home edition. Mind you,
it only works if I can remember what today's date is!
--
Elizabeth

Stefan Blom

Apr 3, 2009, 10:18:14 AM4/3/09
Date AutoComplete may not be useful (I always turn it off), but it is
certainly still available in Word 2007.

The difference is that you need a macro to turn it on or off. Press Alt+F11
to display the Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to activate the Immediate
window. Type

Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = True

(or = False to disable the option) and press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

<terryf...@msn.com> wrote in message

Terry Farrell

Apr 3, 2009, 12:03:44 PM4/3/09
Stefan

Yes, I remember now deactivating it! I've been so happy with it being off
that I thought it was standard. I'd be so lucky!

Terry

"Stefan Blom" <no....@please.xyz> wrote in message

pwrmngr

Apr 3, 2009, 8:22:02 PM4/3/09
Ok yes i know it is still available but since I reinstalled all its not.

Is there a way to make the macro for ALL word documents?

Thanx HUGE Stefan