<sp> tags appearing in Word with Text Boxes

GKnight

Jan 12, 2006, 10:36:58 AM1/12/06
Hello there, I am not sure if this is the right newgroup to be posting this
in but if not I would appreciate it if someone could advise which group I
should be using.

Here is the problem, I have a user who whenever they open a document or
create a new one that has a text box in it the txt <SP> seems to appear
along side it.

This cannot be removed without the text box being removed. Does anybody
have any idea why this would be happening and how to prevent it?

Many Thanks
Glen Knight

Word Heretic

Jan 17, 2006, 3:42:27 AM1/17/06
G'day "GKnight" <glen....@gpisolutions.co.uk>,

Maybe a list format has been applied to the style in question.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

GKnight reckoned:

Tate@discussions.microsoft.com Andrew Tate

Apr 6, 2006, 2:18:02 PM4/6/06
I have the same problem except it is with images or graphics inserted.

This affects many different styles and none have have list formats applied
to them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Andrew Tate

Tony Jollans

Apr 6, 2006, 7:28:33 PM4/6/06
I have seen a few questions raised about this. The one I got most detail on
suggested it was a backspace character but I couldn't reproduce anything
like it.

Do you have a document with one of these characters which shows up on
multiple machines? If so, I would love to see it. Could you send me a copy?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Andrew Tate" <Andrew Ta...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Andrew Tate

Apr 6, 2006, 8:54:02 PM4/6/06
I don't have multiple machines on which to test this and I don't know how to
send you a document with this text.

It appears every time a picture, text box, drawing object is used.

It does not behave the same when Word is opened in safe mode - the <sp> tag
is not present.

Andrew Tate

Apr 6, 2006, 9:07:02 PM4/6/06
I have solved the problem by the renaming the folder in the registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data

When I restarted Word, the problem was not there.

Andrew Tate

Tony Jollans

Apr 7, 2006, 5:54:40 AM4/7/06
Thank you Andrew,

Knowing it is caused by something in the Data key helps. Even if I can't see
it I know where to start pointing other people who experience the problem
(and myabe I can get someone to send me a broken Data key).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Andrew Tate" <Andre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message