Where is a Microsoft Inc Word Guru to help get images to show up

Zaczoomer

Jun 19, 2005, 10:02:02 PM6/19/05
There seems to be a number of people experiencing the same problem of images
not appearing, half appearing and then dissappearing in Word. I'm running
Word 2003 on a new laptop - I've never had this issue before.

I've tried some of the suggestions here but still no solutions

It's very frustrating going back and forwards trying to get an image to
display.

Any help would be appreciated

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=680d6eab-66a5-4953-a406-dd45bc5ad85b&dg=microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics

Anne Troy

Jun 19, 2005, 10:35:28 PM6/19/05
The only reasons I'm aware of are listed here:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/missing_graphics_in_microsoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Zaczoomer" <Zacz...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Zaczoomer

Jun 19, 2005, 10:36:04 PM6/19/05
On digging deeper I did find some thing very useful which I've copied and
pasted here. Still don't know if this is a MS thing or hardware thing.

Back to work now though.

SUGGESTED WORKAROUND
While this workaround will get you going, your original information about
the inadequacy of the screen driver is undoubtedly the problem. Check the
display chipset manufacturer's web site for an update.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

wojtek wrote:
> Dear rpower26,
>
> Thank you very very very much!!! Word now works and I am a very happy
> bunny, cheers and thanks for your help.
>
> If you are ever in North Wales and fancy a pint I'll buy you one!
>
> Cheers
>
> Wojtek
>
>> Try this:
>>
>> Right click on the desktop, Click on Properties.
>> Click on Settings, then click on Advanced.
>> Click on Troubleshoot.
>> Move the Hardware acceleration slider to None.
>> Click on Apply, then OK.
>>
>> This solved it for me.

Zaczoomer

Jun 20, 2005, 5:56:09 PM6/20/05
Hi - I followed through on Graham's suggestion about the drivers with HP and
they came back with a blindingly fast response (<15hrs) as detailed below.

This is in response to your e-mail regarding the HP Nx6120 notebook.

Based on the information provided in your email, we understand that there
are no images displaying on the Microsoft Word and reducing the hardware
acceleration has resolved this issue.

Please install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX and the Intel 915GM
Express Chipset Video Driver by clicking on the below link:
Microsoft DirectX:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx?url=/windows/directx/downloads/default.htm

Intel 915GM Express Chipset Video Driver:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqnk/us/download/22485.html

If the issue persists, we recommend that you uninstall the MS Office using
the Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel. Then using the MS Office CD,
please reinstall the MS Office program and check for the occurrence of the
issue.