Making the Big Picture

Loanarranger

Sep 4, 2005, 9:16:02 PM9/4/05
My fiance's sister recently sent us some wedding photos through e-mail, in
the form of Microsoft Word docs. Is there a way to extract just the images
from the documents? Thanks for any help in advance.
Ron

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Sep 4, 2005, 9:46:00 PM9/4/05
See http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm. Much more
satisfactory, though, would be to ask the sister to send the photos as JPEGs
or whatever there natural format is.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Loanarranger" <Loanar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Loanarranger

Sep 5, 2005, 8:21:04 AM9/5/05
Ms. Barnhill, thank you for the great link. As to having the images sent with
an appropriate format, I have attempted to help the sister set up that very
method, but to no avail. I'm still working in that direction, thanks for the
encouragement.
Ron Sheets

Loanarranger

Sep 5, 2005, 11:46:30 AM9/5/05
Ms. Barnhill, I downloaded the alternate solution by Stephen Lebans,
suggested on the site you provided, however the download contains only a word
document file and the same file as a template. I'm not sure how to use that
code to extract images and retain original resolution. If Stephen or anyone
can suggest a technique to me, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks.
Ron Sheets

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Sep 5, 2005, 11:59:36 AM9/5/05
I would suggest that Graham might be able to provide the answer.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
all may benefit.

"Loanarranger" <Loanar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Graham Mayor

Sep 6, 2005, 1:06:16 AM9/6/05
This download has nothing to do with me!

Stephen seems to have forgotten to put the macros into the template :(

The simplest solution would be to save the *document* as a template in to
the Word startup folder (defined at tools > options > file locations >
startup) whereupon the two macros it contains will be available next time
Word is started (or you could check the box against the template in tools >
templates and add-ins to save restarting). Select the graphic you want to
extract and run one or other of the macros.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
> I would suggest that Graham might be able to provide the answer.

Loanarranger

Sep 7, 2005, 5:56:01 AM9/7/05
Graham and Suzanne,

Graham, sorry to have pulled you into this. I've found that if I save the
document which contains embedded images as a Web page, I can then operate on
the images separately. As Suzanne stated early on, the best solution would be
to receive the images in their original format, therefore allowing me to use
all of their native resolution and color information. Thanks for your time
and help!
Ron Sheets