Normal.dotm- exclamation mark on file icon

Hazel

Apr 3, 2008, 8:28:01 AM4/3/08
Somehow my normal.dotm has become corrupted - Normal.dotx is OK but I cannot
replace normal.dotm or edit as it says I am already in there.

Tried setting up on alternate drive etc to no avail.

Bob Buckland ?:-) At Beautiful Downtown

Apr 3, 2008, 8:57:38 AM4/3/08
Hi Hazel,

In Word 2007 templates that are saved enabled the for active content (.dotM) do have an exclamation mark on the icon. If the
template is being shown as already in use and checking the Windows task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) does not show Winword.exe (Word) or
Outlook running then you may want to try using
Start=>Search
and locating files found using the string
~$*.*;*.tmp
and recycling those temp files then start Word and open Normal.dotm or rename Normal.dotm then restart Word to create a new one when
exiting Word.

====================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Graham Mayor

Apr 3, 2008, 9:01:03 AM4/3/08
Close Word and Outlook - ensure there are no orphan temporary files
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then rename it.

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Hazel

Apr 3, 2008, 11:00:01 AM4/3/08
Worked like a dream - thanks for the how and the explanation of the
exclamation mark too.

Hazel