letters print on top of each other in word2003

aristaeus

Jan 24, 2007, 9:49:01 AM1/24/07
We recently installed the new upgrade from Microsoft. However, we have a very
basic problem. In landscape mode all the letters display and print on top of
each other, making documents impossible - looking just like Chinese.

Yours in extreme exasperation and not just a little angry.

Graham Mayor

Jan 24, 2007, 9:52:58 AM1/24/07
According to contributor Bob Buckland: "It's a bug that somehow seems to
have Word misreading temporary files related to the printer currently in
use. You can usually 'unscramble' the display from File=>Print and switch
to the printer properties or to another printer then your normal one, or
close Word and delete all files found on Start=>Search and looking for
~$*.*;*.tmp as the name string then restarting Word." See also
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com