Word 2007 spell check problems

59@discussions.microsoft.com Feola 59

Apr 23, 2007, 2:50:02 PM4/23/07
Spell check is not working in Word 2007. I have tried to highlight the text
and then go into spell check. I have made sure that the language is correct.
it seems like it should be an easy fix but I'm stumped!

Beth Melton

Apr 23, 2007, 4:23:06 PM4/23/07
First, click the Microsoft Office Button, close it, and see if spell check
begins to work. (Believe it or not, there's a slight bug with spell check
and the Microsoft Office Button, you need to click it once for it to start
working. Note that this only applies to new installations and it will only
happen once.)

If that doesn't work then if no custom spell checker have been installed on
the computer, exit Word, and then backup and delete the following registry
key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\ProofingTools\1.0\Override\en-US

This key will be rebuilt the next time you start Word. Please let us know if
this resolves the issue. This resolution, found by Bob Buckland on another
forum, has been only recently confirmed by Microsoft. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:
http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/9801.aspx#AboutTheBook

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Feola 59" <Feola 5...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

NewToEW

Jul 5, 2007, 7:30:00 PM7/5/07
Beth,

I read your post with great interest as I am experiencing the same problem
getting spell checker to work in my Office 2007 programs.

Where might I find the registry and what is the safest program to use to
edit this?

--
Thanks, COOP