Re: Word "Undo"

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Mar 13, 2006, 12:37:49 PM3/13/06
The number of Undos is limited only by available memory and disk space. In
practical terms, that means it's unlimited. The only actions that clear the
Undo stack (aside from a macro) are closing the document and
protecting/unprotecting.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Sensei" <Sen...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know in Excel 2003 you can undo an action up to 16 times. Does anyone
know
> what the limit is in Word 2003? I Looked on the knowledgebase under
> Operating parameter limitations and specifications in Word, but I did not
see
> it listed. Perhaps I overlooked it...
>
> Thank you,
>
> I.Z. Anderson

Sensei

Mar 13, 2006, 12:51:29 PM3/13/06
Thanx a bunch!

"CyberTaz" wrote:

> If you mean 'how many actions' can be undone, Word has no such limit.
> Although there may be a finite limitation I know of nobody having exceeded
> it. Word's implementation of Undo is quite different than Excel's, so you not
> only can have *at least* 150 undoable actions in the list, but Word's list is
> not wiped clean when you save.
>
> HTH |:>)

Sensei

Mar 13, 2006, 1:05:28 PM3/13/06
Thank you Suzanne. I was really hoping to hear from you. You have a great
website! I have found so much information that helps me in my job.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Mar 13, 2006, 5:25:02 PM3/13/06
Thank you for your kind words. They are especially appreciated coming from a
sensei. <g>