VPN Problem.. pls Help!

1 view

Greng sr.

Nov 22, 2005, 4:23:22 AM11/22/05
i'm trying to achive this :

My Office (LocA) -->VPN --> Our Branch (LocB)

what happen is, i'm able to made PPTP dial-up to LocB successfully.
but have problem when try to access LocB's resources.

here's my problems:
1.) Not able to map a drive to LocB. will keep asking for password even
already supply with LocB administrator password.
2.) when type \\NodeB in Run (Name only exist in in LocB),
it open up a explorer windows with all the shares on one of my
office's pc which having the same IP.

My Machine: XP Pro SP2
VPN Server: Server2003

Please help.

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Nov 22, 2005, 12:30:59 PM11/22/05
you may have two options. 1. get VPN client to authenticate on the server with the same credentials that they used to connect to the VPN. check this link.
VPN Issues
How to get VPN client to authenticate on the server with the same credentials
that they used to connect to the VPN How to manage VPN idle time ...
www.chicagotech.net/vpn.htm

2. use net sue command to cache credentials, for example, net use /u:username password.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

Greng sr.

Nov 23, 2005, 12:07:19 AM11/23/05
hi robert,
    in the article, it doesn't provide the solution if both location having same ip e.g: 192.168.1.0/
    we can't change the IP on either side, please provide me some solution..

    thanks in advance.

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Nov 23, 2005, 10:28:06 AM11/23/05
If both sites are using the same IP range, PPTP doesn't in most cases. However, you may modify the routing table to make one to one connection. Another option is us IPSec instead of PPTP.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

Greng sr.

Nov 24, 2005, 1:12:53 AM11/24/05
thanks robert,
    could give me an sample on how to make one to one connection in the routing table ?

    Thanks again.

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Nov 24, 2005, 3:46:03 PM11/24/05
http://www.ChicagoTech.net should have one case regarding this settings, but I can't find it now. Let me try here again.

Assuming LAN A server LAN IP is 192.168.0.1 and PPTP IP is 192.168.0.11 while LAN B server IP is 192.168.0.2 and PPTP iP is 192.168.0.12. On the LAN B server, you may use this command: route add 192.168.0.11 mask 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.12.

Please post back with the result.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

Greng sr.

Dec 12, 2005, 1:23:33 AM12/12/05
Robert, sorry for late reply (i was outstation) and thanks for the solution.
but sadly it doesn't solve the problem.

if i would to go for ipsec approach, is it achievable in my situation ?
what i want to archive for IPSec links is Scenario A not scenario B:
    Scenario A: MyPc ---> Server2003
    Scenario B: Router at LocA ----> Router LocB

Thanks for your help.