Refresh rate too high for monitor

Oliver Taylor

Sep 2, 2003, 12:54:56 AM9/2/03
I accidently set my screen resolution too high for my
monitor and now when I start windows my monitor says the
refresh rate is out of range and I have no picture, I have
no idea how to change the display settings with no picture
on my monitor

Mark Salloway

Sep 2, 2003, 5:37:28 PM9/2/03
Hi Oliver
Start your machine and press F8 before the Windows XP Boot Screen. From the
menu that appears, select Enable VGA mode. You should then be able to start
Windows and modify the resolution and refresh rate settings so you will be
able to start windows normally.

--
Mark

"Oliver Taylor" <oli...@eden.rutgers.edu> wrote in message

Justin

Sep 2, 2003, 8:43:55 PM9/2/03
Boot into safe mode and change it there.