making a DVD from a Windows Movie Maker Project File

RichF

Dec 17, 2007, 10:10:04 PM12/17/07
I don't know what format to make a movie in that will play on a DVD player.
I thought a DV-AVI is what I'm supposed to do. The computer won't let me
Finish Movie as that file type because of space, and it won't accept an
external hard drive destination that has plenty of space. All the clips have
already been saved to the computer as Windows Media Audio/Video files. To
compound matters, the clips all seem stunted and don't have the video and
audio syncing properly. But in the project file, they seem fine. I have
Power Producer, which indicates it can make DVD movies, but I doubt it will
take a Windows Movie Maker Project file, and all the clips seem screwed up.
I'm obviously a bit of a beginner, and I'd really appreciate some help.
Thank you.

Sister Mary

Dec 18, 2007, 1:39:25 AM12/18/07

"RichF" <Ri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I don't know what format to make a movie in that will play on a DVD player.
> I thought a DV-AVI is what I'm supposed to do.

DV-AVI is a format used for DV camcorders which capture to mini DV tapes.
DVD is MPEG2 format.

Do not convert your footage/clips to DV-AVI .

> The computer won't let me
> Finish Movie as that file type because of space, and it won't accept an
> external hard drive destination that has plenty of space. All the clips
> have
> already been saved to the computer as Windows Media Audio/Video files. To
> compound matters, the clips all seem stunted and don't have the video and
> audio syncing properly. But in the project file, they seem fine. I have
> Power Producer, which indicates it can make DVD movies, but I doubt it
> will
> take a Windows Movie Maker Project file, and all the clips seem screwed
> up.
> I'm obviously a bit of a beginner, and I'd really appreciate some help.
> Thank you.

WMM *projects* are for WMM only, they are not a finished article.
It is from a *project* that you produce an edited clip.

You have clips that are WMV, burning software can author a DVD
from WMV. I don't know your software so Read this guide:
http://beginwithsoftware.com/videoguides/dvd-flick-guide.html

Then download this free software
http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php