Disable F8 for Safe Mode

Tweraser

Mar 12, 2006, 4:18:37 AM3/12/06
Hello
Can someone help please and modify the ntldr(winXP) that F8 does not go in
Safe Mode?
I found it for win2000 at:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win2000.security/browse_thre
ad/thread/4db76c0cf6d216be/9d9a240b519d43e9?hl=de#9d9a240b519d43e9
Thanks,
Tweraser Albert

P@trick

Apr 14, 2006, 4:42:01 AM4/14/06
Open the ntldr file

With the file opened in the Binary/Hex editor, search for the Hex value "CD
16 0F 85 09." When the value is located, replace it with "CD 16 90 90 90."
Now when you reboot, press f8 for safe mode, you will not be able to select
any options on the menu. System will now reboot into normal mode after 30
seconds.

I successfully performed this several times on a P4 Xpo Pro SP2 system.
Good luck!
*** I offer no warranty with this reply - use at your own risk ***