LAN (Internal Network) Security

Jeff Gardner

Dec 17, 2006, 9:05:41 PM12/17/06
Greetings:

Running XP Pro sp2 with current updates on all machines. Recently,
(after patch Tuesday), My OS became paranoid of files launched from other
LAN machines. A program (.exe file) is launched via shortcut on the
desktop of machine a to a mapped network drive on machine b. When the
program is launched, a Windows security warning comes up to verify that I
want to run this program located on a "foreign" machine. There are no check
boxes to tell it to always allow this action. It's on our LAN, I don't want
to have to see this dialog every time I launch the program. How do I make
it go away? It's a network based program that is supposed to be run via
network share.
There is a database client and other client software installed locally.
It's on a peer network. Thanks in advance.

--

Regards,

Jeff Gardner

Jeff Gardner

Dec 18, 2006, 11:56:54 AM12/18/06
The issue was caused by tighter security in IE7. I adjusted the Intranet
settings in the security settings in IE and all is now well.

--

Regards,

Jeff Gardner

"Jeff Gardner" <us...@variable.tld> wrote in message