December INsecurity

SDM

Dec 13, 2005, 2:30:03 PM12/13/05
Anyone else having trouble applying the December patches?

MS05-054 results in "Setup Error: installation did not complete"
cannot access the supposedly associated KB905915.

Cannot access KB910437, which is supposed to be a fix of some kind for WinXP

Searched KB for 890830 (Malicious Software Removal Tool), but it disawoved
all knowledge of any such item.

Churchill

Dec 13, 2005, 6:28:21 PM12/13/05

"SDM" schreef:

I have a different prob with the same patch:

I installed this security patch and now my Explorer does not work properly.
Actually it starts but when you type an adres or choose a favorite link the
explorer goes completely bezerk it starts opening extra windows. I
uninstalled the KB905915 update and now everything seens to be fine.
Anybody an answere ?

CARDO

Dec 17, 2005, 12:01:22 PM12/17/05
I had the problem and now it's ok:

CARDO

LordJim

Dec 20, 2005, 7:27:02 PM12/20/05
I just unpacked a new HP/Compaq laptop model nc6220. After joining it to our
domain I went for the automatic updates from Microsoft. Quite a few updates
were installed successfully, but now I get this error message regarding the
last three patches:
=========
Updates were unable to be successfully installed
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windoes XP (KB905915)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
=========

Repeated attempts to install these updates just produce the same error
message!

LordJim

Dec 20, 2005, 7:41:01 PM12/20/05
The link below is from another person with Internet Explorer problems cause
by the KB905915 patch:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com/2005/12/windows-update-maybe-not-thank-you.html

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Dec 20, 2005, 7:47:01 PM12/20/05
Have you tried asking the experts in the windows update newsgroup?

Tom
"LordJim" <lor...@westchester.com> wrote in message