Fax wizard send two faxes to the same recipient

1 view

Portilha

Jul 9, 2004, 6:54:17 AM7/9/04
After I select the clients I want to send faxes to, the Fax Wizzard uses two
recipients name for the same "company", one for the fax number and another
one for the e-mail ???, both send the fax to the same number...

Any clues?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Jul 9, 2004, 7:28:11 AM7/9/04
Specify the source for your recipients and the precise steps by which you
are sending the fax.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Portilha" <port...@iol.pt> wrote in message

Portilha

Jul 9, 2004, 9:09:47 AM7/9/04
The contact list I am using is in the Public folders and I use it as an
Outlook contact list.

The contact in question has a valid fax number and an valid e-mail filled
in.

Using the fax wizard I try to send a new fax, choose the contact (Outlook
address book-> contact list) through the address book button and I have two
recipient names for the same contact. One for the e-mail and one for the
fax.

My problem is that if I want to send a fax to everybody on that list I will
send two faxes instead of one.

I read something about this in
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/PrintingFAQ.HTM#_Toc71281765

but it doesn't solve the problem, it only hides it.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <rus...@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Jul 9, 2004, 5:51:36 PM7/9/04
You omitted the most important part.
How are you selecting the recipient? The fact that each Contact shows both
an email and a fax address is normal. Select only the fax address.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Portilha" <port...@iol.pt> wrote in message

Portilha

Jul 13, 2004, 4:31:49 AM7/13/04
That's easy to say when you have around 20 contacts or so. Imagine that you
have 900 contacts on your list and you want to send a fax to every one of
them. How are you going to select the 450 fax recipients? Manually? (You
must be kidding. right!?)

Another question is: Why does the e-mail recipient shows up if you want to
send explicitly a fax?

I tried to use outlook ("e-mail fax transportation") instead but the
"problem" remained.. Instead of showing only the e-mail recipient it shows
also the fax.

Do you know any solution for this without hiding the e-mail or the fax
number on the contact data?

Thanks

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <rus...@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Jul 13, 2004, 6:00:49 AM7/13/04
Windows XP Fax and Outlook were not designed for broadcast faxing. You
should use third party software for that. The only other alternative is to
create a separate Contact Folder for fax recipients.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Portilha" <port...@iol.pt> wrote in message

Portilha

Jul 14, 2004, 4:03:19 AM7/14/04
It seems so simple.. Only if we could arrange the recipients in wizard...
or even more, if the program fax or e-mail choosed the right recipient.. .

Ok, maybe some time from now they will think about it.
In the meanwhile thank you for your time.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <rus...@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Jul 14, 2004, 6:20:56 AM7/14/04
You should be able to arrange recipients in the address book the Fax Wizard
uses. Are you using Outlook?

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Portilha" <port...@iol.pt> wrote in message

Portilha

Jul 20, 2004, 5:42:25 AM7/20/04

(Arrange = sort the recipients by name, type of mail, etc. right ?)

I am using Windows Fax Wizard. I tried to use Outlook but the result was the
same. After choosing "Fax transportation account" I pressed "To:" and a
window
very similar to the fax wizard appeared. The result was the same. I could
not order the recipients by type of mail (SMTP or FAX).
Which makes it very dificult to select only the types of mails we want to
use
so that we wont send the fax twice.

Portilha

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <rus...@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Jul 20, 2004, 6:02:14 AM7/20/04
Create a separate Contacts Folder for Fax recipients and show that folder in
the Outlook Address Book.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Portilha" <port...@iol.pt> wrote in message

Portilha

Jul 20, 2004, 11:27:35 AM7/20/04
That's not very practical because the instead of maintaining a single
contact list you have two.

Well at least it works.

Thanks.

Portilha

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <rus...@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Jul 20, 2004, 5:00:42 PM7/20/04
I warned you at the very beginning that Windows XP Fax was not designed or
optimized for broadcast faxing.