Internet Explorer 6 Crashing

RainaDarkChylde

Apr 20, 2007, 10:10:04 AM4/20/07
Everytime I close down Internet Explorer I get this message: The instruction
at "0x6600accc" referenced memory at "0x6600accc." The memory could not be
"read." Ive tried upgrading to Internet Explorer 7 and it won't even work. I
am now using both Firefox and Opera. Is there a way to fix 6 so it will stop
with that message? I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 2.

Andrew E.

Apr 21, 2007, 1:12:00 AM4/21/07
Try checking youre ram memory for faulty ram hardware..To test,download
the utility to a MS-DOS formatted floppy,boot to floppy,run the test.The
soft-
ware can run on a cd also i believe,to get it go
to:http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

RainaDarkChylde

Apr 21, 2007, 12:00:02 PM4/21/07
I cant run this test apparently. I dont have a floppy drive.

nass

Apr 22, 2007, 3:30:00 PM4/22/07

"RainaDarkChylde" wrote:

1... First, try to clean up your caches, Internet files and delete cookies
by doing this:
Click Start >> Control Panel >> Double click Network and Internet
Connections >> Double click Internet Options.
On the IE properties windows you will see these Taps:
General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs |
Under General Tab clear your History, Internet Files and Cookies.
Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option:
[&] Browsing
[ ] Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest) uncheck this box.
Then click on Programs Tab and click Manage Add-Ons and Disable all non
Verified Add-Ons (You should Renable them later one-by-one and see the
culprit and update it or remove it.
For Malwares download both these software:
http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad-aware_se_personal.php
http://www.safer-networking.org ; for Spybot S&D
Run disk Clean Up and Defrag in safe mode, then Open run command and type in:
sfc /scannow click [OK]
Note the space between sfc_/

2- Run a test for the Memory and also try to swap them around and clear any
dust may be in your PC case:
To test your memory download memtest from here:
http://www.memtest86.com/

Please perform one step (1,2) at a time and see if that will help.
If you have a third-party Toolbar uninstall and then Rinstall if you have
use for it.
HTH.
nass
===