show hidden files won't work

sarah_130

Jan 9, 2008, 6:19:00 AM1/9/08
suddenly the show hidden files check box won't work...i open the folder
options and choose show hidden files and press ok or apply but it wont work
and the next time i open folder options the don't show hidden files is the
one checked as if i didn't modify it first place....

thnx
sarah

devil_himself

Jan 9, 2008, 8:55:32 PM1/9/08
On Jan 9, 4:19 pm, sarah_130 <sarah_...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Click Start/Run,type regedit then press Ok
Navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL

Now right click on,and delete the value "CheckedValue" in the right
hand window.

Now create a new "DWORD Value" called exactly CheckedValue in the
right hand window.
Double click on CheckedValue.
In the opening 'Edit DWORD Value' box,set the 'Value data:' to 1

Press Ok,exit regedit,restart your pc.

sarah_130

Jan 10, 2008, 6:22:01 PM1/10/08
thnx for your help...i went through with everything u said exactly but when
it came to deleting the checkedvalue file, it's removed and when i create a
new one and name it like the previous one, it says it can't name it like that
because that name allready exists as if i didn't delete it first place,,so i
tried to refresh and when i did everything returned back to what it was the
file came back like i didn't delete it !!
so i tried right clicking on the file and modyfing the value to one ,instead
of the zero it shows, yet it doesn't stay that way and goes back to zero
although i press ok and restart and everything !!

dgtan2001

Feb 21, 2008, 6:18:00 AM2/21/08
dgtan wrote:

I have the same problem.
Were you able to find a solution?
Please advise once you have resolve the problem.

Thanks!
David

Ruben

Mar 19, 2008, 1:16:00 AM3/19/08
DGTAN, I had the same problem..

i did exactly how devil_himself wrote.. it really worked for me...

you gotta go carefully with his instructions and you'll see...

go ahead, try again...

Ruben

Mar 19, 2008, 1:23:01 AM3/19/08
hey "devil_himself"... sorry, i had the same problem, and I really thank
you... it worked perfectly to me...

have a nice one...

and hey, by the way.. your instructions were perfect..

Ruben

Mar 19, 2008, 1:41:00 AM3/19/08
Devil_himself, i have another problem, you think you can help?

Ruben

Mar 19, 2008, 1:43:01 AM3/19/08
When I double click on C drive I get a dialogue box 'Open with' and it lists
all my applications such as excel, word,etc.
If using right click on c drive, the open command does not work but can be
opened using explore. Have run anti virus scans several times and no
infections were found.

can you please help on this one?