Unable to right-click any drives listed under "My Computer"

Dani

Dec 19, 2003, 10:42:13 AM12/19/03
Hello,

I am uanble to right-click on any of my drives listed
under "My Computer" or even higlight the drive and click
the File button on the menu. The "My Computer"
application will stop responding and I am forced to use
the Windows Task Manager to stop "My Computer" from
running. This is very frustrating. The only way I am able
to explore my drives is to use Windows Explorer and even
then I can't right-click without causing the application
to stop responding. I have no idea what I can't use the
context menu. Any suggestions?

Sharon F

Dec 19, 2003, 11:27:48 PM12/19/03

Had the same problem when I first installed XP. Tried this fix posted by
Alex Nichol and it solved the problem for me:

<quote>
Start - Run - regedit.exe
Open to
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
and look in the right pane against Default: it should have the
explicit value
none
(ie not 'value not set', but those four characters)
If it doesn't, d-click the Default and type in none as the new value -
reboot and see.
</end quote>

--
Sharon F