Mouse automatically 'clicks' if I hold if over something too long

The Unknown P

Nov 14, 2003, 12:20:34 PM11/14/03
Look at your mouse options in the control panel. Have fun.

Maureen Goldman

Nov 14, 2003, 1:55:43 PM11/14/03
>Richard Burke <removespam...@btinternet.comnospam> wrote:

>I only want to click when *I* click. in Windows XP Home, there seems to
>be some setting somewhere that (occasionally) decides that if I've
>hovered over something long ernough, I menat to click it. I didn't. i
>was thinking. how do i switch this off?

I'm guessing that you have the x-mouse setting in TweakUI. With that
one, a window becomes active by the presence of the mouse rather than
clicking on it. In combination with a single-click launch (control
panel \ folder options), it can sometimes do strange and wonderful
things.

_ _ J

Nov 14, 2003, 6:13:21 PM11/14/03
| I'm guessing that you have the x-mouse setting in
TweakUI.

Except that I run in X-mouse mode, in single-click mode,
and even with my touchpad enabled and active, I have never
had the situation where a prolonged hover will be treated
as a mouse-click.

This behaviour occurs on non-contact "Tablet" PCs, but I
have never used one, so I have no idea on how to help the
original poster.

Jan

_ _ J

Nov 14, 2003, 6:18:44 PM11/14/03
Hello Richard,

Are you using a Tablet PC or a tablet application?

Jan

Dad2ten

Nov 15, 2003, 5:04:21 PM11/15/03
Richard:
I was having the same problem with the Microsoft wireless mouse that I use.
In my mouse hardware advanced settings I found a Fast Initialization setting
which I cleared. That stopped mine from getting tired of setting in one
place.
Hope this is some help.
Jerry

"Richard Burke" <removespam...@btinternet.comnospam> wrote in message