My Control Panel Disappeared and I cant find it!

Ketch1

Nov 24, 2003, 1:37:12 PM11/24/03
I was going to change settings on my mouse this morning
so I went to start and intended to go into the control
panel and complete my task. However, control panel is not
list anylonger and when I do a search for the file it is
not found? What happened? Do I have to reload XP to get
it back and do I have a real risk of losing documents,
pics, spreadsheets etc. if I do reinstall

Help would be appreciated please email me at the address
listed above.

ketch1

Mary Sauer

Nov 24, 2003, 3:02:20 PM11/24/03
Right-click start, properties, customize, advanced tab, control panel, display as a
link. It should show up in the start menu.
Click Folder Options in Windows Explorer, view tab, scroll down to "Show Control
Panel in My Computer", tick the box.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
"Ketch1" <gin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jason Stevens

Nov 24, 2003, 3:00:41 PM11/24/03
Right click on your task bar and select properties, then click the Start
Menu tab. Now click the customize button, and finally the Advanced tab.
Control Panel is the very first item listed, make sure it is set to be
displayed.

If this does not work, you can get to the control panel in the meantime by
simply typing Control Panel into your address bar or run dialog.

Hope this helps

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

Nov 25, 2003, 10:05:29 AM11/25/03
Jason,

Thanks, that cured the problem. I don't know how I lost
it but it's back thanks.

Charles