Programmatically launch Network Connection Status

Suman

Oct 7, 2003, 5:29:49 PM10/7/03
If I want to see the status of a network connection - I go
to Network connections folder and right click on a
connection icon and click status to launch the Status
dialog.

Does anyone know how to do it programmatically using C++
or is there a command line?

Thanks
Suman

Ken Wickes [MSFT]

Oct 7, 2003, 6:33:47 PM10/7/03
There are no APIs for this. Conceivably you could drill through the shell
namespace and apply the verb, but the folder tends to change from release to
release.

--

Ken Wickes [MSFT]

"Suman" <suman...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Suman

Oct 7, 2003, 7:25:38 PM10/7/03
Thanks Ken. I did drill through the shell namespace and I
am able to operate on all the menu items that show in the
right context menu except the Status. I can launch the
properties Dialog, do enable/disable etc. However the same
piece of code that applies the verb does not work for the
Status dialog

Code snippet:
nVerbItemID = GetMenuItemID( hPopup, nVerbItemID );

//nVerbItemID is 9 for properties and 5 for status

CMINVOKECOMMANDINFO cmi;

ZeroMemory(&cmi, sizeof(cmi));

cmi.cbSize = sizeof(CMINVOKECOMMANDINFO);

cmi.lpVerb = MAKEINTRESOURCE(nVerbItemID-1);

cmi.nShow = SW_SHOWNORMAL;

hr = pcmLACContextMenu->InvokeCommand(&cmi);

Also do the Menu IDs change from release to release?

Thanks
Suman

>.

Ken Wickes [MSFT]

Oct 7, 2003, 7:53:58 PM10/7/03
Ah, that just jarred something loose in my memory. There is a bug in XP and
I think a side effect of that is that you can't use the status verb unless
you are within the main explorer process. You see the same problem if you
launch a new explorer process and try to activate the status via the UI.
Sorry bout that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the menus changed from release to release.