Windows - System Error

Denny

Aug 14, 2005, 1:06:34 PM8/14/05
I keep getting the following Popup on my taskbar.
Windows - System Error
There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network

I have checked all of the computers on my network (a small home network) and
there are no IP addresses that are the same. This message keeps popping up
every couple of seconds. Is it possible that the network card which is
integrated into the system is going bad. Thanks for any help with this.
I have tried releasing and renewing the IP but that doesn't stop the popup.
The event viewer has the following message:
The system detected an address conflict for IP address 192.168.1.101 with
the system having network hardware address 00:12:F0:A3:62:AC. Network
operations on this system may be disrupted as a result.

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Aug 14, 2005, 2:28:13 PM8/14/05
you may find another networking device using arp command. these pages may help,

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

Denny

Aug 14, 2005, 3:29:22 PM8/14/05
Thanks for the help Robert

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Aug 14, 2005, 4:09:55 PM8/14/05
You're welcome.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

R@discussions.microsoft.com Rick R

Oct 20, 2005, 3:03:02 PM10/20/05

I'm sure I'm missing something but I think my problem is that the conflict
is between 2 laptop systems on the network. Not really a network, we share a
DSL connection using a small hub but I'm getting the system error and the "ip
conflict on the network error. How in the heck do I resolve this?
Thanks
rick

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Oct 20, 2005, 6:13:41 PM10/20/05
have you compare the both computer IP by using ipconfig? Or just assign static IP to see that will work.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE