Re: a abnormal error on internet sharing.

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Mar 5, 2005, 9:09:42 AM3/5/05
posting the result of ipconfig /all may help.
For more and other information, go to http://howtonetworking.com.

Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services. Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
How to Setup Windows, Network, Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com

I recommend Brinkster for web hosting!

hello plz somone help me out i have 2 network cards on my pc. 1 is for lan
and other is for internet. i used to have a internet sharing a couple of days
ago. but for some reasons i switched it off. but now i when i turn the
internet sharing on it gives me error that ur lan adapter card ip will be set
to 192.168.0.1 and u may loose conectivity so i press yes on that box and
then it give me another error. an error occured while internet connection
sharing was eneabled and connot complete the function. i wonder why this has
happened. i have the same config of my cards with the same ip's. can anybody
please help me out how to solve this problem.
thanx

sulabh

Mar 5, 2005, 10:04:01 AM3/5/05
hello
ok when i run ipconfig/all
it says
host name: sulabh
primary dns suffix:
node type: unknown
ip routing enabled: no
wins proxy enabled: no

ethernet adapter for internet
connection-specific dns suffix:
dhcp enabled: no
etc etc
do u want more details.
please help me out here i can run the internet on the other pc
thanx again

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Mar 5, 2005, 2:32:30 PM3/5/05
that's the problem. the ipconfig doesn't display any ip. For more and other information, go to http://howtonetworking.com.

Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services. Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
How to Setup Windows, Network, Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com

sulabh

Mar 5, 2005, 2:45:01 PM3/5/05
hey
no no it does display my ip i just didnt write it inthe post everybody would
c it.
i cant seem to understant y this has happen dop i have to format to get rid
of this problem. ive read everything in networking. i have service pack 2 of
windows xp. is my computer on virus coz my anti virus does not show any virus
signs.
plese sort this problem out
thanx