XP Pro Drive Mapping disconnecting

Robert L

Nov 27, 2002, 9:03:47 AM11/27/02
sounds like XP SP1 SMB issue. For more information, go to
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech. check top win2k/xp faqs.

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
"Jonas" <jon...@charter.net> wrote in message
> I run a network of about 15 pc's with a W2K server and had
> no problems with Win 2K work stations. After updating all
> machines to XP Pro, I lose connection to mapped drives
> even when I's cueerntly using them. If I log off and on
> again they come back. When I get disconnected, I can
> browse out the drives I'm trying to get to on the server
> and continue working, but it really annoying to all the
> users. I have serviced packed all machines and even added
> NETBUI to try to correct the issue.

Daniel M.

Nov 28, 2002, 11:37:14 AM11/28/02

I'm having a similar and very frustrating error. It has to do with opening
a file on a file server when I'm on line, but the file is synchronized
offline.

My network administrator and I have tried to apply the workaround identified
in article Q331519 (the one referenced in the top win2k/xp faqs) but to no
avail.

If SMB signing is the culprit after installing XP SP1, how can we deinstall
or turn off SMB signing altogether on the workstation? Q331519 seems to
indicates that you need to apply the workaround to the server after
installing SP1 to the workstation... that doesn't sound logical.

"Robert L" <bobl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Robert L

Daniel M.

Nov 28, 2002, 3:51:46 PM11/28/02
Good afternoon,

Unfortunately can't uninstall SP 1...

There is a good message on the subject. It was posted in this newsgroup by
Yves Favre and the title is "WinXP disconnect from servers? Here is the
solution"

I gave a copy to my network admin. and he'll be looking into it.
Meanwhile... There seem to be more info at the following Web page:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/MS_Office/Q_20390021.html

"Robert L" <bobl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Robert L

Bruce Skamser

Nov 29, 2002, 4:33:52 PM11/29/02
I have 2 XP Pro computers at work. One of the computers
has SP1 installed and one does not. With the one that
does not have SP1, reconnection to other computers in the
workgroup occurs automatically, whenever I need to use the
resource. On the one that does have SP1, I have to double
click to get access to a resource; even though it is set
to automatically reconnect, it doesn't.

I called Microsoft but they wouldn't help me because I
have an OEM version of XP Pro.

Bruce in Elgin