1/2 peer problem

Charles Shapiro

Nov 19, 2002, 7:30:37 PM11/19/02
Brand new install of XP-PRO on a 4 machine LAN (home workgroup).

The new install can not see out over the LAN, WAN (internet OK)

Linksys router w/4 port switch, also an 8 port hub. DHCP enabled and
set to 8 machines (although I do not have that many).

Doesn't seem to be localized to this new install as the other operating
system on this computer (also XP-PRO) does the same thing. I can't see
(or map) any drives on the other computers, and can't find the network
printers, both on one other machine on the network.

I have checked everything I know. It is getting IP (dynamic) from the
router
and Network Connections says everything is working.

Any ideas? Obviously the cable is OK, as is the router/switch and the hub.

I'm lost..

Please help if you can.

..Chip..

Robert L

Nov 19, 2002, 10:59:33 PM11/19/02
have you setup a workgroup and enable sharing? For more information, go to
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech. check network analysis and
troubleshooting pages.

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Free Web Tech Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech
"Charles Shapiro" <csha...@lvcm.com> wrote in message

Charles Shapiro

Nov 20, 2002, 7:58:50 PM11/20/02
Thanks Robert.. The workgroup (INFINITI on all networked machine) and
sharing are set.

I have installed XP numerous times, but all of a sudden I seem to be having
this problem.

Haven't rules out a 3rd party security program yet. Still testing.

..Chip..

"Robert L" <bobl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Robert L

Nov 21, 2002, 12:17:47 AM11/21/02
OK. try to use some network tools like ping, ipconfig and net view to
troubleshoot. For more information, go to
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech. check network tools.

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE

Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on

http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech
"Charles Shapiro" <csha...@lvcm.com> wrote in message

Charles Shapiro

Nov 21, 2002, 7:37:07 AM11/21/02
Thanks. Removed Nortons Internet Security, still no LAN from machine A to
machine B.

Still testing.

"Robert L" <bobl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

ramon forbes

Nov 21, 2002, 10:06:12 AM11/21/02
I had a similar problem running 4 units and a server though a Linksys
wireless access point w/4 port and an 8 port switch. After contacting
Linksys ,they informed me that the router's firmware version need to
updated. That did fix my issue.You can find it on their web site.