Why can't I..

1 view

Nick Burns

Feb 25, 2003, 8:29:39 AM2/25/03
My pc and my wife's are netted. I can access all here files and folders
except, c:\windows and c:\programs. It won't all me to share these folders
cause, "The OS uses these folders". I want access to all. I have the c:\
shared. Is this possible..?

Robert L

Feb 25, 2003, 1:52:19 PM2/25/03
Yes! if you want to, you or your wife can assign you rights on the folders
by going to sharing and security.
--
For more information, go to http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Please don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Robert Lin, CNE & MCSE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

"Nick Burns" <og...@woh.rr.com> wrote in message

Nick Burns

Feb 25, 2003, 9:06:04 PM2/25/03
Sharing and security is not a option for the two folders in question. Looked
up in help on sharing and security and it said the same thing. Thought their
might be a work around. Anyway this is what it said... I did find that I
could share the Documents and Settings folder despite what it said..?

a.. The Sharing option is not available for the Documents and Settings,
Program Files, and WINDOWS system folders. In addition, you cannot share
folders in other user's profiles.
Related Topics

"Robert L" <bobl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Robert L

Nick Burns

Feb 26, 2003, 8:25:11 AM2/26/03
I have all that, and only can't share the folders that MS says can't be
shared.

This is what MS says in their help.

"The Sharing option is not available for the Documents and Settings, Program
Files, and WINDOWS system folders. In addition, you cannot share folders in
other user's profiles"

If you know how to share these folders let me know.