IPCONFIG is not recognized as an internal or external command...

Mark Simkiss

Jul 25, 2003, 11:41:58 AM7/25/03
when i run cmd, and type ipconfig, i get...

'ipconfig' is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program or batch file.

so i have to manually set the path at the prompt to
c:\windows\system32\, then it works.

what happened to my environment? ICS also simultaneously
stopped working, which i could not repair manually,
although none of my settings had changed... i had to run
the networking wizard to reestablish it.

google found zilch on this. any takers?

John

Jul 25, 2003, 12:04:00 PM7/25/03
I know exactly what this is.

Did at any time you secure your computer by shutting down
port 445? NetBT?

Take a look at this web page, it tells you how to close it
using regedit. Just change it to the open state, reboot
and you'll be good to go.

90% sure on this one, same thing happened to me last week.

>.

Mark Simkiss

Jul 25, 2003, 12:21:53 PM7/25/03
Sounds like a winner, thanks!
What's that webpage URL?

>.

Hans-Georg Michna

Jul 25, 2003, 12:10:46 PM7/25/03
"Mark Simkiss" <j...@simkiss.net> wrote:

Mark,

check the path settings and compare them with another, similar
machine. They are in system properties, environment variables.
You can right-click on My Computer and select properties to get
there.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.