Updating Firewall rules for ActiveArmor Network Access Manager

Markus Elfring

Sep 16, 2006, 10:33:06 AM9/16/06
Hello,

The ActiveArmor Firewall 50.25 (nVidia Network Access Manager 50.19) is active
on my computer. I have got some open issues with this software.

1. I get the message "Fehler in NMI : Anwendung ist deaktiviert. Diese Anwendung
darf auf diesem System nicht ausgeführt werden. Sie wurde vom Administrator
deaktiviert." (German) in the browser application
"http://localhost:3476/cgi-bin/ncgir.exe?menu/index.html".
What is exactly required here?
Which access path or setting should be switched on?

The command line interface
(E:\Programme\nVidia\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nCLI.exe) is also no help for me
because of the following error message.
"NVIDIA Network Management Framework Version 01.00
ncli>export
Failure resolving object. The object may not exist.

Return code: Internal Error"

The document "Administrator's Guide"
(E:\Programme\nVidia\NetworkAccessManager\docs\NetGuide.pdf) is not so helpful
as I would need it in my case.
I can not add or revoke any blockings in this special firewall because of
unwanted obstacles by those tools.

2. It happens that a query for the access permission is displayed in a dialogue
on the screen of an unprivileged user while I am logged in on the screen for the
administrator. I do not see any reaction by the new program because of its
access attempt until I switch to the ActiveArmor pop-up window that appears for
the other user and grant the requested permission. I expect that the display
should be presented for the corresponding user identification who initiated the
network traffic.

3. Are there still more corrections in the waiting queue from technical support?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NForce4#Flaws

Regards,
Markus

Chuck

Sep 16, 2006, 12:57:01 PM9/16/06
On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 16:33:06 +0200, Markus Elfring <Markus....@web.de>
wrote:

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NForce4#Flaws

>Regards,
>Markus

Thanks for the link, Markus. WikiPedia listing an issue is truly interesting.
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/02/hidden-personal-firewall-nvidia-nforce.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/02/hidden-personal-firewall-nvidia-nforce.html

--
Cheers,
Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]

Jack (MVP-Networking).

Sep 16, 2006, 1:27:28 PM9/16/06
Hi
I hope that your NVIDIA Firewall works for you.
You should know that among computer enthusiasts it is a Big No NO to use
this Firewall, it is a problematic combo of hardware/software, and most
would recommend to skip its installation while loading the NVIDIA drivers.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Markus Elfring" <Markus....@web.de> wrote in message