The authority function of the live blog is penetrated

Kiex

Nov 17, 2007, 10:56:01 AM11/17/07
I have a blog on the Live Spaces. Sometimes I make jokes on the Chinese
government on my blog. I do not want the Chinese net policemen to see it, so
I restricted my blog access, allowing only my authorized friends to read my
articles.

I used google to search and I can't find blog, so I am happy with this
function. However, one day I used the Chinese search engine www.baidu.com,
and my blog is on the search results list. More scary, I can read my article
using the 'cached contents' function of Baidu.

I am angry. Microsoft did not do enough to protect users privacy. I hope the
Live technitians can see this message and fix this bug.

I will try to get to Live later.

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Nov 17, 2007, 7:28:23 PM11/17/07
Greetings,

I'll have Microsoft send in our elite MVP squadron to infiltrate the Baidu network operations
center and have your pages removed immediately.

Seriously though, I'm curious what you expect them to do to "protect your privacy"? If you
write something online without explicitly protecting it, a search engine will find it --
especially on a major blog site like Spaces. It is then up to that search engine to come
back again and discover it's gone, not to mention updating its index removing your content
(and their cache thereof).

Google obviously updates its index more often than Baidu does. I'm afraid in this case, the
only person you can be angry with is yourself. There is no bug here.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

"Kiex" <Ki...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Kiex

Nov 18, 2007, 2:17:00 AM11/18/07
Sir,

See, I do not study engieering or computer science. I do not really know how
it works. I only thought, when the Live Spaces say 'if you uncheck the boxes,
only the persons you authorized can view your blog', they were serious. I did
not know they were only joking, kidding me, making fun out of me or something.

I did not put anything that dangenous on my blog, which might end up the
Chinese secret service breaking into my house and evaporating me. It just
there are boneheads they love their country so much that they hate to see
anyone say something bad, or joke on their beloved country. They put rude
comments on my blog.

If you mean that the authorization function is only a joke, which would
block users access and google indexing, but will not block the Baidu
indexing, then, will you state it explicitly on you page, or just remove
this function.

Thank you.

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Nov 18, 2007, 2:03:52 PM11/18/07

I think you missed the point. It must have indexed it -before- you set the protection. Now
it won't remove it until it detects its gone.

No indexer can get to protected content.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2007 Jonathan Kay.

"Kiex" <Ki...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Kiex

Nov 18, 2007, 2:14:00 PM11/18/07
You are right. Only the contents before I set the protection are cached. I am
sorry I did not get your point.

Jonathan Kay [MVP]