Monitor Image Upside Down

darose47

Jan 3, 2005, 1:29:01 AM1/3/05
The image on my monitor has done a vertical flip - upside down. At the time
of the flip, I was doing a control-alt-delete & I may have inadvertanly hit a
wrong key.

Other than turning the monitor over, do you have any hints on righting the
image?

I am using XP Home edition.

Will Denny

Jan 3, 2005, 1:39:36 AM1/3/05
Hi

Try this:

Right click the Desktop, select Properties>Settings>Advanced. See if there
is a setting in there to rotate the screen back to normal. If you have
Nvidia software installed try clicking on the tab for your graphics card and
have a look for NVRotate on the left hand side.

If you do have an Nvidia card there may be an icon in the Notification Area.
If so, right click on it, select Rotation Settings and then set it to 0
degrees.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"darose47" <daro...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

WTC

Jan 3, 2005, 1:42:22 AM1/3/05
Go into your video adapter settings (not display settings) and find "rotate
display" and flip it 180 degrees.

--
William

purplegrrl

Jan 3, 2005, 7:25:18 AM1/3/05
LOL - this has happened to us when the kids play some older games that
change screen res. IIRC to fix it back all you need to do is press ctrl-alt
and up or down arrow key (try each until it turns back to normal).

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Will Denny

Jan 3, 2005, 10:01:18 AM1/3/05
Hi

It's not that funny for some people - and the problem can't always be
resolved by using Ctrl-Alt-Del!!!!

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"purplegrrl" <purpl...@nospam.austarnet.com.au> wrote in message

darose47

Jan 3, 2005, 10:17:04 AM1/3/05
What a simple solution!!! I only spent 6 hours trying to solve this one.
Thanks, PURPLEGRRL !!!

purplegrrl

Jan 4, 2005, 12:39:14 AM1/4/05
<< "Will Denny" <will...@mvps.org> said: It's not that funny for some
people - and the problem can't always be resolved by using
Ctrl-Alt-Del!!!!>>

Oh for goodness sake!! It drove me mad for hours after it happened for us -
the "LOL" was not me laughing at darose47 but remembering the headaches it
gave me when it happened and the simple solution I worked out to fix it
after all that. AND..... will you please put your glasses on (or are they
hiding somewhere with your sense of humour) and READ my reply - I did NOT
say to "Ctrl-Alt-Del" - I wouldn't bother making a reply like that. MY
reply said: "ctrl-alt and up or down arrow key" which is actually the fix
for it.....

and I'm glad it worked for you darose47 - YOU are very welcome!!

"Will Denny" <will...@mvps.org> wrote in message