Are you sure you want to delete "Windows"?

Alice

Oct 4, 2003, 1:10:12 PM10/4/03
When I attempt to empty my 'Recycle Bin', I am asked "Are you sure you
want to delete Windows"?
Each time I have selected "NO"
If I explore or open my 'Recycle Bin' it appears to be empty!
Have I picked up a virus?
Alice

Maureen Goldman

Oct 4, 2003, 3:27:41 PM10/4/03
>"Alice" <aalic...@online.com> wrote:

Here's an exchange I saved, solution provided by T.Cruise. The subject
line was (approx.) "Do you want to delete WINDOWS?"

>T.Cruise
It's a common problem. There's probably some file corruption. The
usual quick fix is: Delete any file (just to make sure there's
something in the bin).

Then, with the Recycle Bin CLOSED, right click the Recycle Bin desktop
icon, select: Empty Recycle Bin, and when the Confirm File Delete
dialog box comes up, click the OK button. Then reboot your system.
After doing the above, any deleted files should now list correctly in
the Recycle Bin.
--
T.C.
Pay it forward...

"bean" <sammy...@excite.com> wrote in message
> When I went to empty my recycle bin, this message
> appeared, but the recyle bin appeared empty. I created a
> folder and sent it to the recycle bin and when I went to
> empty recycle bin, it said "do you want to delete these 2
> items, but the bin appeared to be empty. Any help would
> be appreciated.

Mark A

Oct 4, 2003, 3:28:06 PM10/4/03
i get exactly the same problen on my computer
each time i have clicked no, but recently i have found
out that clicking yes does not do anything
also as "windows" is only a name for all of the programs
on your computer, you possibly deleate all of the
programs, so if it is a vius it is only a joke to make
you scared, i dont think it is anything to worry about.
ok.

Alice

Oct 4, 2003, 4:41:53 PM10/4/03
Thank you Maureen,
The remedy described in the article by T Cruise worked a treat.
Alice

"Maureen Goldman" <inksl...@FOGsunshine.net> wrote in message