To free up disk space... message problem

grayatrox

May 30, 2008, 7:24:28 AM5/30/08

Just recently "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact
messages. This may take up to a few minutes." started coming up
frequently. (Once every 20 seconds)

If I ignore it, it will close it self and then popup again.

I don't even USE Outlook Express. I even removed OE using add/remove
programs in the control panel.

Please help. Its driving me insane!

btw, I'm using Windows Mail.

Thanks,
grayatrox

--
grayatrox
grayatrox's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50708

http://forums.techarena.in

Mark L. Ferguson

May 30, 2008, 9:00:29 AM5/30/08
The Add/Remove item only deletes the visible icons.
In XP "Windows Mail" does not run, you probably mean "Windows Live Mail"

Go to Start/Run and type:
MSIMN.EXE

Look on the Tools menu, Options for the setting to turn off background
compaction. (Some versions have it in Tools, Accounts)
--
click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm see ''rate a post''

"grayatrox" <grayatro...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

grayatrox

May 30, 2008, 8:20:46 PM5/30/08

Yes, sorry it is Windows Live Mail.
I had already gone though and unchecked that box.

I found that it was AG Scout's, nmindexstoresvr.exe, after watching
process explorer for a while, that was causing the message to come up.

AG Scout is bloatware that came with Nero 7, so I simply deleted the
offending executable.

Thanks for the help,