Can't remove old server from offline folder synchronization

Johnson@discussions.microsoft.com Brent Johnson

Jan 7, 2005, 2:33:04 PM1/7/05
I have 40 or so users who have mapped U drives for their personal folders.
Those users also have a My Documents folder that is homed on that U drive. So
the properties of My Documents is u:\My Documents. Then, that folder located
on their desktop is set to offline synchronize. Now for the fun. Over a
weekend I moved those files from an older server, set to be retired to a new
NAS. The location to them didn't change, it is still U:\My Documents but the
offline folders still sees it as the UNC of the old server. So... since those
files don't exist on that server any longer, I get an error telling me it
can't sync.

Now the question...

No matter what I do, it won't get rid of that server entry. I have tired
unchecking it, deleting all offline files, disabling offline files, rebooting
after each of these. Removing the server from the registry.

Any ideas?

Mark L. Ferguson

Jan 8, 2005, 8:03:32 AM1/8/05
Clear the IE cache. (IE, tools, Options, Delete Files button, include
offline content.)

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
marfers notes for windows xp