how do i get win xp to load my 2nd vid card so i can run 2 monitors

metalir...@yahoo.com

Nov 15, 2003, 3:50:51 PM11/15/03

Yves Leclerc

Nov 17, 2003, 12:00:26 PM11/17/03
Usually, we make sure that both video cards use the same type of drivers
(ie: 2 nVidia based video card or 2 ATI video cards). Then, make sure that
both cards are detected in Windows and that the drivers load.

Y.

<metalir...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

D.Currie

Nov 17, 2003, 2:54:42 PM11/17/03

"Yves Leclerc" <ylecler...@maysys.com> wrote in message
Well, all I see is your response and not the actual question, but I've found
that using the same vid card and/or drivers isn't much of an issue. I
usually use one good card for the primary, something cheap for the
secondary, because that suits my purpose.

What is critical though, is that at least one of the cards is capable of
functioning as a secondary card, and that it is set as the secondary. Some
cards won't function as a secondary, and if you have a pair of those, it's
not going to work.

Also, if the OP has onboard video and has added a second card to that setup,
it may not work because the bios automatically disables the onboard when a
second card is installed. Whether anything can be done about that or not
depends on the bios.