Installing USB hub fails - "access denied" - mondll.dll?

Lee Atkinson

Jul 30, 2003, 11:03:48 AM7/30/03
Hi - I am trying to install a USB hub (unbranded, but is made by
Belkin) on a Windows XP SP1 machine. It fails with 'access denied'.
Just before it fails, it tries to copy mondll.dll from the System32
directory. This file does not exist on my system. I can also not find
any info on the web regarding this dll.

Many thanks for any help regarding this.

Lee

lynn

Jul 30, 2003, 4:49:10 PM7/30/03
i am wondering about 2 things 1. do your on board usb
ports still work and if not have you updated the xp os if
so i am having a simular issue i installed xp and whent to
update xp and now the usb ports do not work
>.

Lee Atkinson

Jul 31, 2003, 5:40:02 AM7/31/03
Hi Lynn

All my USB ports continue to work, and XP was installed
with the laptop. Apart from this problem, USB has worked
fine. It just doesn't want to install this hub. :(

>.

Lee Atkinson

Aug 4, 2003, 6:38:37 AM8/4/03
Hi all - for anyone interested, I have solved the problem
with the help of that really useful regmon utility from
sysinternals.com. There were some access denied in the
following registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{
36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}

I just set administrators to full control, and it worked
fine!