Unable To Update

Sandgroper

Oct 28, 2007, 9:59:24 AM10/28/07
Hi people ,

I am running XP SP2 and I don't have automatic updates turned on and just do
an update occasionally when needed.

Today I needed to update my system to install a daylight savings patch for
Western Australia and when I went to the MS update site , I could download
quite a few updates and install them , but with at least 10 of the updates
I keep getting a "installation failure" message .

I tried to redo the updates a few times , I rebooted my machine a few times
, but I still can't get some of the updates to install.
The error message I kept getting for all of the updates is
Error Code : 0x8007F0DA

Does anybody know how to fix this problem ?

Thanks.

True Multitasking is having three computers and a chair with wheels.

Sandgroper
------------------------------------
Remove KNICKERS to Email
stev...@KNICKERSiinet.net.au

philo

Oct 28, 2007, 10:45:09 AM10/28/07

"Sandgroper" <stev...@KNICKERSiinet.net.au> wrote in message

> Hi people ,
>
> I am running XP SP2 and I don't have automatic updates turned on and just
do
> an update occasionally when needed.
>
> Today I needed to update my system to install a daylight savings patch for
> Western Australia and when I went to the MS update site , I could download
> quite a few updates and install them , but with at least 10 of the updates
> I keep getting a "installation failure" message .
>
> I tried to redo the updates a few times , I rebooted my machine a few
times
> , but I still can't get some of the updates to install.
> The error message I kept getting for all of the updates is
> Error Code : 0x8007F0DA
>
> Does anybody know how to fix this problem ?

Maybe something here would apply:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

PA Bear

Oct 28, 2007, 10:17:29 AM10/28/07
When Downloading or installing from the Update Site, you may receive error
0x8007F0DA
[applies to WinXP SP2, too]
http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/showarticle.aspx?articleid=40&ln=en&IsMu=True

You cannot install some updates or programs:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Sandgroper

Oct 28, 2007, 11:31:06 PM10/28/07

"PA Bear" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> When Downloading or installing from the Update Site, you may receive error
> 0x8007F0DA
> [applies to WinXP SP2, too]
> http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/showarticle.aspx?articleid=40&ln=en&IsMu=True
>
> You cannot install some updates or programs:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
> --
Thanks for the links.
The first link I have already tried as well as reregistering the dlls and
that didn't work.
So I will have to work through the second link .
Thanks.
:)

Sandgroper

Oct 28, 2007, 11:33:30 PM10/28/07

"philo" <ph...@privacy.net> wrote in message

> Maybe something here would apply:
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

Thanks for the link , I will have to work through it all because all the
things I have done so far hasn't fixed the problem.
All of this stuff started because I wanted to install a MS daylight saving
patch and now I can't even do any updates to my system.

Rod

Oct 29, 2007, 12:20:58 AM10/29/07

"Sandgroper" <stev...@KNICKERSiinet.net.au> wrote in message

> Thanks for the link , I will have to work through it all because all the

> things I have done so far hasn't fixed the problem.
> All of this stuff started because I wanted to install a MS daylight
saving
> patch and now I can't even do any updates to my system.

G'day Sandgroper,
I am a sandgroper too,
what is an MS daylight saving patch?
I just chucked another hour on the desktop clock.
Rod
Perth.

Sandgroper

Oct 29, 2007, 7:02:07 AM10/29/07

"Rod" <pooki...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

Err , yeah , you can do that , but if you run some other apps that rely on
time/dates then it can put things out of whack.
Even your Ng header post shows up with + 8:00 hours GMT when it should
really say + 9:00 GMT with DLS
The DLS update is on the MS update site as package Kb 933360-xENU.exe

It's only day 2 of DLS and I am sick of it already.
:)

PA Bear

Oct 29, 2007, 9:42:38 PM10/29/07
Sandgroper wrote:
> "PA Bear" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> When Downloading or installing from the Update Site, you may receive
>> error
>> 0x8007F0DA
>> [applies to WinXP SP2, too]
>> http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/showarticle.aspx?articleid=40&ln=en&IsMu=True
>>
>> You cannot install some updates or programs:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
>> --
> Thanks for the links.
> The first link I have already tried as well as reregistering the dlls and
> that didn't work.
> So I will have to work through the second link .
> Thanks.

YW. Please post any/all follow-up to your thread in WU newsgroup:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/3306973d659a27cd/63413ed0ec7d769e?hl=en#63413ed0ec7d769e

curt

Dec 26, 2007, 12:15:00 AM12/26/07
Hi Guy
I am having big time problems with upgrades automatically.I try to install
but it tell me there was aproblem and the error # is 0x80070426.I also get a
windows validation tool #kb892130 and there are 89 updates that has been
downloaded but one installed and that is windows installer kb893830. can I
get some help..PLEASE
curt
--
curt

TaurArian

Dec 26, 2007, 2:05:38 AM12/26/07
0x80070426
-2147023834 / ERROR_SERVICE_NOT_ACTIVE
The service has not been started

Make sure the Automatic Update Services has been started.
Make sure that BITS is started.

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

You may need to have a look at this article - ignore the title -

Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or by
using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Further assistance regarding update issues can be posted at the Windows Update newsgroup:
(OE newsreader)
or
(Web)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US