Hotmail Sign-in Access Error

Lucrose

Feb 23, 2005, 11:32:52 AM2/23/05
Please someone tell me why I get this every time I attempt to go to my
hotmail box. I've followed these instructions but it remains the same. Is
this further indication of Trojan activity? BTW thanks to those that helped
thus far.

Sign-in Access Error

JavaScript required. The browser that you are using does not support
JavaScript, or you may have disabled JavaScript.

Help

Are you using a browser that doesn't support JavaScript?
If your browser does not support JavaScript, you can upgrade to a
newer browser, such as Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6 or Netscape 6.

Have you disabled JavaScript?
If you have disabled JavaScript, you must re-enable JavaScript to sign
in. To enable JavaScript:

Using Internet Explorer 6
1.. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2.. Click the Security tab.
3.. Click Custom Level.
4.. Scroll to Scripting. Under Active scripting, click Enable.
5.. Click OK twice.

Using Netscape 6
1.. On the Edit menu, click Preferences.
2.. Click Advanced.
3.. Select the Enable JavaScript for Navigator check box.
4.. Click OK.

Using another browser
To sign in to Passport, you must use a browser that supports
JavaScript. For detailed instructions about how to enable JavaScript, see
Help in your browser.

T.gif

PA Bear

Feb 23, 2005, 9:30:45 PM2/23/05
Are you using IE to access the page?

(Courtesey of MVP Mike Burgess) Several of these are known to cause
problems:

1) Zone Alarm Pro [Private Header Info - enabled?] Reset "Ad Blocking" and
"Cookie Control" to "medium" "Mobile Code Control" = Off

2) Symantec (ISS\NIS) [Enable Browser Privacy - enabled] Active Content -
"Allow All Scripts To Execute" Problem: some sites cannot detect the 128 bit
encryption Solution: Completely remove and reinstall NIS.

3) Any "ad blocking" software that blocks "http_referer" or contains entries
that are blocking access to the desired site.

4) HOSTS file that contains entries that are blocking access to the desired
site.

5) Cookie blocking software that are blocking "required" Cookies.

6) Pop-up blockers that are stripping header\url info.

7) WebWasher Standard Filter/URL Filter

8) Make sure the following entry is not corrupt:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings] "User Agent"="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)"

Note: "Win32" = Windows 98\ME Other versions = (compatible; MSIE 6.0;
Windows NT 5.0;)

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security