Foreign Language Shows Up

JimR

Aug 20, 2005, 9:55:03 PM8/20/05
Hi, I have a computer where several of IE's and Security Center show up in a
foreign language. In IE, the menu options under Tools...both popup blocker
and add-on manager show up in the foreign language, along with subsequent
windows. When I go to download a file on the computer, the download dialog
box displays the same language. Then in Security Center, it shows up in the
same language. Finally when I go to Control Panel the Security Center icon
has the same foreign writing by it. I'm stumped. Any one have any ideas?

T.S.

Aug 21, 2005, 2:51:30 AM8/21/05
Try reseting the language on these computers to "english" - (control panel -
date/time/language settings).

Torgeir Bakken (MVP)

Aug 21, 2005, 10:22:32 AM8/21/05
JimR wrote:

Hi,

If you read the thread in the link below, there are some files you
should check out.

In the C:\Windows\System32 folder:
xpsp1res.dll and xpsp2res.dll

Verify that they are in the correct language (right click, select
Properties, Click the Version tab, then click on the Language item.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/db310d2916ba9c83/311ab8bf48672539#311ab8bf48672539

Also:

Search the system for any files named mfc42loc.dll (if found, rename
to e.g. mfc42loc_ren.dll and reboot), be sure that "Search system
folders", "Search hidden files and folders" and "Search subfolders"
are all enabled.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: