Disable WinXP automatic tasks

Georges Heinesch

Dec 8, 2005, 11:01:12 AM12/8/05
Hi.

I have a WinXP system which keeps on corrupting my DVB-S (satellite)
recordings. I know that WinXP performs on certain intervals certain
tasks (like system disk defragmentation, ...).

- Where can I find a list of tasks which run automatically?
- How can I stop these tasks?

Thanks,

--
Georges Heinesch

Haggis

Dec 8, 2005, 12:32:58 PM12/8/05

"Georges Heinesch" <nos...@domain-not-valid.com> wrote in message

Enable/Disable Automatic Boot Disk Optimization [Defrag]
Locates and consolidates fragmented boot files, data files, and folders on
local volumes.
For a complete description of Defrag, type Defrag in Help and Support Center

[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Dfrg\BootOptimizeFunction
Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed
below.
Data Type: REG_SZ [String Value] // Value Name: Enable
Setting for Value Data: [N = Disabled / Y = Enabled]
Exit Registry and Reboot

Georges Heinesch

Dec 12, 2005, 12:32:03 AM12/12/05
Haggis wrote:

> Enable/Disable Automatic Boot Disk Optimization [Defrag]
> Locates and consolidates fragmented boot files, data files, and folders on
> local volumes.
> For a complete description of Defrag, type Defrag in Help and Support Center
>
> [Start] [Run] [Regedit]
> Registry Key:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Dfrg\BootOptimizeFunction
> Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed
> below.
> Data Type: REG_SZ [String Value] // Value Name: Enable
> Setting for Value Data: [N = Disabled / Y = Enabled]
> Exit Registry and Reboot

Works!
Thanks a lot!

--