Google Grupper støtter ikke lenger nye Usenet-innlegg eller -abonnementer. Historisk innhold er fortsatt synlig.

How to disable auto defrag? (dfrgntfs.exe)

Sett 299 ganger
Hopp til første uleste melding

Fred Flintstone

ulest,
25. mars 2003, 17:42:5325.03.2003
til
I know, you're thinking 'what auto defrag'? I can't find it, but
every once in a while my system performance goes down the tubes. Task
manager says there's no applications running but processes lists
dfrgntfs.exe as running. I didn't run defrag. I have no scheduled
tasks to run it and I've searched the KBase/technet backwards and
forwards. I've seen many other XP boxes do the same thing.

Why is dfrgntfs.exe running by itself and how can I stop it? Can I
just delete the file?

Thanks!

Bill James

ulest,
25. mars 2003, 21:22:4525.03.2003
til
Windows XP will do a periodic partial defrag to enhance load up
performance for applications you use most frequently and boot up
performance, but that should only be kicked off after a period of
inactivity. Could it be that perhaps you are stepping away from the
computer for a bit, or sitting reading something on screen, then when
you start using the computer again you notice the problem? Check this
link for more information and possible tweaks to consider:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_p.htm#xp_prefetch.

--

Bill James
Microsoft MVP·DTS

Win9x VBScript Utilities » www.billsway.com/vbspage/
Windows Tweaks & Tips » www.billsway.com/notes_public/

"Fred Flintstone" <shov...@biteme.com> wrote in message

Fred Flintstone

ulest,
10. apr. 2003, 14:46:1810.04.2003
til
Actually, yes, it probably starts during inactivity but I have a
machine that does nothing but video capture at odd times and I've had
instances where my captures are crap because it started while XP was
defragging the drive when I never asked it to.

I don't want to tweak anything, I want it stopped. Any ideas on how I
simply stop this behavior?

Thanks!

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:22:45 -0700, "Bill James" <wgj...@mvps.org>
wrote: