help minimizing 'freezup' of my recent documents

已查看 7 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Jeff

未读,
2004年11月6日 21:28:272004/11/6
收件人
I've been saving some files onto another computer on the LAN so others can
access them, and one thing I find a bit annoying is that now when I go to
export or import files from many programs or save attachments from outlook
express, etc. windows seems to freeze the program waiting for around 10
seconds to fetch the list of my recent documents including those saved on
the LAN computer. Is there a way to tell Windows XP not to remember recent
documents not saved on my local computer? Or another way to get rid of the
lag waiting for the my recent documents list before letting me select a
local drive when saving, opening, importing, or exporting?

Many thanks for any suggestions in advance. Other computers on the LAN are
running Windows 2000 Pro - mine is running Windows XP Pro.

cultclassic

未读,
2004年11月28日 23:41:172004/11/28
收件人
i was having a similar problem: accessing 'My Recent Documents' would
freeze up my machine, and the memory usage will go up by 500+ MB!
turned out there was too much stuff on the 'My Recent Documents' folder
once i deleted those (which was a pain), everything is fine.

so now i have a batch file to delete everything under
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Recent Documents
i run it from time to time to clear all the crap. perhaps you could run
it as
a schedules task.
HTH

--